Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Does anyone really care? I’d not rush to do that video. A dead game, nobody is playing.

This thread is where everyone care about technical analysis. That’s the whole point of this thread.

2 Likes

I would care. I’ve been curious about the game for a while, and if the XSX advantage is true, it would push me more to try it.

With Wandavision, now Falcon and Winter Soldier, with Black Widow in May, I’m starting to get into a Marvel mood.

No it wont as of today which is why I think the FPS boost is a thing.

1 Like

I mean DFs audience. It’s a dead game. They did a sponsored video on it. But can see why they wouldn’t rush to do a comparison given the games community is virtually non existent now.

Better they take their time to do a good job than rush it.

Yeah! That’s what i was trying to imply as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Not only they are an old engine, SX is running them in BC mode (so as a 12tf gcn gpu) there are architecture improvements done in rdna2 that BC games have no access and would improve performance a lot (around 50%) just by running in rdna2 mode.

And that’s not even taking into account new features that even older engines can take advantage of like VRS

A big W here

5 Likes

Errrr, that’s a strange start for the video with this post resolution era talk about how it’s no longer relevant and then pointing out how PS5 looks obviously a lot worse than SX

While this is true on nvidia cards with DLSS, until there’s an equivalente on consoles this is just BS. Specially when there’s a possibility only xbox consoles are able to use a similar feature.

I was getting nervous at the number of times I heard that the Series X version looked “different” instead of straight up “better” :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously native resolution is better, but I didn’t know that checkerboard rendering could look this bad.

5 Likes

My My

The reason Alex doesn’t want to talk about Resolution numbers because of this.

Even though the final output resolution on PS5 is higher then XSX output resolution, but PS5 uses checkerboarded rendering and in the end PS5 image look worse compared to XSX.

1 Like

Series X looking better always has some “caveats”

1 Like

CB is a disgrace, always looked super bad imo.

Inso’s reconstruction on their pro games were so much better.

And obviously DLSS which trumps even native.

4 Likes

game looks and runs great on all consoles, Alex did a very good job in this video.

Alex did a great job.

Now image how fanboys on both the side will take this video. Both will run with victory. There will be chaos on internet.

3 Likes

X with the 2.02x res advantage. Along with better dof and motion blur.

There’s some parts where even the PS4 Quality has better Image Quality than the PS5 Performance.

Image Quality picture showing it pointed out by Shortbread @ B3D:

2 Likes

Come on. The video was detailed, on point and accurate. His whole thing re pixel counts is absolutely true too.

2 Likes