Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

it should be, the AI in DLSS learns not from native aliased 4k but higher res antialiased images and tries to recreate it with information from depth, motion buffers and previous frames.

1 Like

And Xbox is getting a similar feature in the future, right?

Said to be

Xbox wins again. Also, it’s a beta, performance will improve in the main game without losing most of the 30% pixel advantage.

Series X vs 3060ti

As an owner of a VRR set I agree. Though for the case of Outriders once you disable VRR the framerate is immediately noticeable (But I would say that just like coming from 60 fps to 30, coming from VRR to an erratic framerate would acerbate the effect).

TL:DW?

Series X had better frames. But series X never renders in true 4k (maximum is 19xx)

I conclude that series X is better then 3060ti for sure.

1 Like

Series X is somewhat around 2070 in power. 3060 ti is i think more powerful than that card. Also has second gen RTX and DLSS the likes of which the consoles are like years behind on still.

Also how reliable is that test? Are the settings the same across both? Cuz one x ran Red dead redemption 2 at native 4k for sure but most of the settings were low.

It’s interesting that it handles AA all on its own. Not surprising I suppose given what it is doing but still really neat side effect I didn’t really think about til now.

Yes. MS confirmed it a while back.

1 Like

DLSS reconstructs to a higher resolution than the target one and downsample IIRC, so along the resolution increase you get the best AA possible quality wise.

I know…but somehow it never clicked to me that AA would be done in the process. Heh. :slight_smile:

No idea of the settings to be honest.

PS5 takes this one.

EA being EA with their shoddy work.

2 Likes

Appears to just be a software glitch on the Xbox version for one area in a track across both One X and Series X. It’ll be interesting to see if they bother to fix it.

To be clear though, it’s very clearly a software issue - after all, Hot Pursuit Remastered does seem to be based primarily on the PC original, which was exceptionally well put together back in the day.

4 Likes

Seriously.

What’s wrong with these specific point frames dips on series X?

Like @Mesiac mentioned, it is a software issue.

And I don’t think they will bother fixing it. This isn’t a optimization patch at all – they simply removed the framerate cap to allow the new consoles to hit 60 FPS.

1 Like