Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Cool video!

Nop.

Unlike Breakpoint and The Division 2, which run on an enhanced Backwards Compatibility, Marvelā€™s Avengers is a PS5 SKU (it even has a different set of trophies!).

2 Likes

My post referred to Breakpoint and TD2.

Now i am hearing that situation of 60 fps on Xbox consoles is doubtful.

So what up with that?

There is no performance or 60 fps mentioned for xbox. Only frame rate improvements is checked.

Is it some sort of marketing deal?

Why so vague on this?

Thereā€™s a checkbox saying thereā€™s improved framerate on SX.

And for Ps5 it says you can use either Native 4k @30 or Checkerboard 4k @ 60

So perhaps SX will have a single mode native 4k @60?

(Or itā€™s indeed another stupid exclusivity, because they said before that the 2 performance modes would be exclusive to PS5, but I assumed it meant there was only going to be a 60fps one on SX)

If 60 fps end up being an exclusive shit - i will curse so many things on sony.

Edit: i believe Xbox might be 4k 60 but resolution will be dynamic in the end.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m hoping for and would be the best outcome

why tf is Outriders 1080 30 on XSS? :thinking:

https://twitter.com/Outriders/status/1364926578308882436/photo/1

turns out it was a print error haha, good.

2 Likes

Well hope this demo hooks me enough to buy the game.

Makes sense as the resolution and frame rate made absolutely no sense when compared to the Series X. Although, even that resolution and frame rate looks unusual :sweat_smile:.

Yeah what is shown here is its output resolution, not render, which I think is 1080 or 1440p as expected. It was weird because Outriders was part of the original Series S reveal trailer haha

Rendering Resolution ā‰  Output Resolution

1 Like

Itā€™s a lot like Gears, right? But also a little Destiny with the whole online thing, correct? Iā€™ll definitely check it out. Should be up in less than two hours.

Superhot: Mind Control Delete received a surprise optimization patch today to celebrate the seriesā€™ 5th birthday.

The Series S now runs the game in 1440p at 120 FPS!

We also just dropped a massive update to bring 4k 120 FPS support to Xbox Series X and 2k 120 FPS to Xbox Series S. Thatā€™s like almost a billion SUPERHOT pixels every second. It plays great and looks sharper and better than ever before.

As expected, the game was not optimized for the PS5 since it would require a whole new SKU.

6 Likes

Been tryna tell ppl XSS was a lil beast. :slight_smile:

But its Holding next gen back!!!

1 Like

It is

PS5 canā€™t run these games at 120 FPS.

Oh waitā€¦

3 Likes

I canā€™t say it enough how insane it is that itā€™s actually cheaper than a Switch.

Baffling.

2 Likes

Lmaooooo