Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

And? Xbox one sold 50M consoles. That’s probably where Xbox are in this market. Irrespective of power or games or anything else Xbox will sell somewhere from 20-60M in a generation. And that’s fine. Xbox are broader than selling console hardware and even if they weren’t that’s still very decent volumes.

Are you just into console wars? Because otherwise it seems pretty irrelevant.

4 Likes

It uses XDK yes. Anything that has been in the works for a while will still use the XDK in almost all cases. Especially cross gen titles.

Dont even know what you want with this response.

4 Likes

It’s real tough to argue a launch has been a “disaster” when the console is extremely stable and selling out instantly across the globe. Sure, launch games aren’t where we woulda liked them to be, but we understand the issue and it is mos likely already fixed and just a waiting game now. Moaning about it for every individual game and dragging that out isn’t helpful for discussion either. Especially when 99.99% of customers who get these machines aren’t even gaming on TV’s capable of running the modes where the majority of issues arise!

Don’t expect any mid gen refreshes, nor big price drops this gen. BUT, there is good indication that the issue here is already fixed and we are just waiting on devs to release games built on the finished version of the GDK.

Except this has nothing to do with the hardware… this is all on the devs.

2 Likes

I really wish this website hadnt been infiltrated with Sony fans posing as xbox fans.

5 Likes

Gamepass alone is more enticing than anything on PS5 right now. Also, X is the most powerful, no denying that. Third party devs need to get their shit together, first party games are leagues ahead right now.

1 Like

Where can I find a quote from anyone that this was fixed?

That’s quite the accusation. Got any proof? Cause I’ve got proof I have a series x.

5 Likes

Keep telling yourself that. They absolutely need to do something. Who do you think bought all these SX consoles? The hardcore did. You piss them off and that will trickle down and have a ripple effect.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Tenkay23/status/1329964335297306625?s=19

It got finalized in June it seems. Which isn’t nearly enough time to use it in launch window titles.

2 Likes

Yes, they need to fix the issue. And it sounds like they probably have. Or at least, they will soon if it isn’t fixed already. It’s just a matter of letting devs have time to catch up to the June GDK update it seems.

Yeah hardcore fans did buy consoles but the majority of people that did are casual fans that will go onto play cod, fifa, madden and fortnite on both consoles. Keep lying to yourself that hardcore is what moves the needle.

Hmmm but its enough time to get a patch out, isn’t it? Games go gold weeks before release. Why wasn’t this fixed by launch? They seemed to manage to fix DMC5 before launch (somewhat). It doesn’t seem that simple.

It’s actually funny to me I’m only seeing people moan about this on forums like this, I’m not even seeing heaps of videos or even people complaining online. The mainstream game media hasn’t even picked up on it. In the grand scheme of things I don’t think this matters at all right now, only hardcore fanboys right now are losing their minds over it. We’re not even a fucking month into launch ffs lol.

It’s all about the one up bs, pissing contest or dick measuring contest. I remember when PS5 was a 13.3TF BEAST then it wasn’t and then TF number didn’t matter soon as the XSX was announced. This is just a huge HAHA towards the Xbox because it’s on paper more powerful but not fully showing it.

Both will improve massively even in just months imo, I do feel like once things are fully up and running Xbox will have an edge but PS5 is still a beast, both are!

@javycane I’m still waiting for your proof. Should I just post mine? What do you want? A receipt? I can pull up a version number of an enhanced game from the dash, if you like.

Let me know.

1 Like

I mean I see a lot of posts here clarely missing the point, talking about xbox one sales or next xbox interactions to resolve this issue (lol, please - looks like a troll for me). The main thing here is about what is happening with the SX that it is underperforming, is it a Gdk thing or something else? I Think MS should address it for the sake of clarity. The thing has faster cpu, faster memory and better gpu, clearly something is off here. If MS properly adressed this we prolly would be seeing less doom and gloom posting, which are really annoying.

2 Likes

Going gold just means discs are being printed, dunno if you missed it but Cyberpunk went gold but was still delayed to fix the game more with patches, day one patches are fixes.

That’s exactly the right word for it. Ever since the XSX was announced words like most powerful Xbox and later most powerful console were thrown around. That builds hype, excitement and expectations. Clearly MS was very proud of being the only system offering RDNA2 but it’s probably gonna be a while before we see the results of that.

MS isn’t stupid, they must have known this was going to cause issues in the launch games and launch window games and they know people pay full attention to DF, to comparison videos in general. So they must have known they would not come out on top, but I’m sure they also know more than us and that things will pick up. But yes, it’s absolutely disappointing.

The differences in ACV (based on what I read here, I didn’t watch the video) it’s not nearly as bad as Dirt 5. The aspects PS5 takes the lead in here are significant and it’s a shame to see it.

At this point I kind wish they did too. Not necessarily Spencer, but Jason Ronald for example. A video statement, a tweet, a article or brief interview with DF for example. Because if not, all we can do is wonder and wait and see when it truly improves. I fully expect similar cases for Cyberpunk sadly, maybe FarCry 6 and so on.

I also wonder about XGS, I can’t imagine this isn’t causing problems for them? Covid already will delay games that make heavy use of motion capture, but what about this, I wonder?

4 Likes

Before the digital foundry analysis came out I didn’t see any actual players complaining about the visuals. If you searched dirt 5 pre launch, there was a lot of trash talk about the visuals. After launch it was most praise from people who actually bought the game and now it is back to Sony fans trash talking the Xbox. It really is strange how personally people take this stuff.

None of these analyses have changed my enjoyment of my series X on iota. Ori still looks amazing. Game pass is still amazing. The improvements to visuals and load times are still great. Yeah Sony versions of games look a bit better, especially in this one 120 htz mode which I couldn’t even check for myself if I wanted, but I don’t feel the slightest bit cheated.

If this stuff bothers you, you should wait for digital foundry reviews before you buy and then act accordingly. I’m still looking forward to picking up dirt 5 eventually, the gameplay looks fun which is what really matters after all.

5 Likes

That’s true.