Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Im not saying there is nothing to see. You can find it disappointing at the moment but there are explanations as to why its happening so its something at the moment (we HOPE) so people just gotta relax. You would think the Series X is absolute garbage not worth buying by the way some people be posting about it here.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s fair game. DF did another thorough vid and results should be discussed with the appropriate qualifiers. And they are. And ppl are reacting. And others are explaining it. All appropriate reactions imho.

I think ppl need to wrap their head around the fact that it’s the dev tools at issue here, so almost all games will have these issues in the short term. It shouldn’t detract much from the experience of actually playing games for those who still do that, lol.

1 Like

This is true but can be misleading in that COVID’s influence on dev tools getting finished is uniquely problematic for Xbox but not for PS5 which uses same dev kit sw as PS4 except with a few next gen features exposed, and that kit was maturing even before COVID hit. Dev still have to deal with COVID screwing things up, of course, but on the PS5 side that isn’t so much a matter of dev tools like on the Xbox side.

No, I said not to use DMCV as it’s a shit example because it’s far from an Xbox showcase. In fact , here is DFs conclusion.

“In the meantime, the results seen here in the cross-platform comparison are fascinating. In terms of correlating on-paper specs to the actual experience on-screen, PlayStation 5 is either punching above its weight, or Xbox Series X isn’t delivering on the full potential promised by a bigger silicon investment and a much more substantial memory interface.”

If you take pride in that, we have very different ideas of what the XSX should be.

1 Like

I’m interested in if Cyberpunk is using XDK whether it will run better or not. But who knows how it’s being developed?

Agreed

BREAKING: Bugs in game for next-gen Xbox using new development tools!

News at 11.

2 Likes

Well, disappointing but not surprising to see the Series X version look so horrible. Remember, this is the dev that didn’t see any major issues with the GDK. And yet

As for it being a bug, they MUST have known it was going out in this condition before releasing it. I don’t buy it.

I really have a gut feeling this is something deeper in the system itself.

2 Likes

So you are saying the PS5 had to punch above its weight to be try and be on par with the xbox in this case and still underperform in 3 of 4 game modes?

Xbox needs to give people a reason to buy it over PS5. It can’t do it at the moment from a games point of view, and now it can’t do it from the “best place to play multiplats” point of view as was touted. I as an Xbox supporter find that very, very concerning.

5 Likes

Game Pass, ecosystem, xcloud and such. Power is just a subset and the 99% majority dont care about that beyond enthusiasts like us.

1 Like

No, DF is saying the Xbox just isn’t performing as it should be.

2 Likes

Yet it’s sold out everywhere
and has broken records. The fact is that this is irrelevant right now. Even if games ran better on it what difference does it make? One X had an advantage for years but nobody was breaking down were they?

2 Likes

And it still won 3 out of 4 game modes while being half baked. Crazy.

1 Like

I hope the “and such” is amazing, because nothing else you mentioned is going to make someone choose a XSX over a PS5 at this point.

1 Like

Can I give you a hint
nobody who was going to buy a PS5 was going to get an Xbox instead. No matter what. Unless the PS5 was plain broken their brand is just stronger. But also, why on earth do you care? Xbox aren’t struggling. Their brand is gaining strength.

4 Likes

The difference is that the XSX owners would get better performing and better looking games, that’s what’s important for a console owner not sales numbers.

Anyway this is becoming comedic now for the XSX and my buyer’s remorse is reaching extremely high levels. (oh and please no more «sell your console» , as if the one thing I would want to do while being in a full and extremely strict lockdown in my country is trying to sell a used console).

1 Like

Remember this from 7 years ago.

"The team is excited to confirm the launch of Xbox One was the biggest launch in Xbox history, with more than one million consoles sold through worldwide in less than 24 hours – surpassing day one Xbox 360 sales and setting a new record for Microsoft.

Xbox One is now sold out at most retailers. We are working to replenish stock as fast as possible to meet the unprecedented demand from our customers."

5 Likes

Whoever was gonna buy a ps5 was gonna do it regardless of how all these games performs. What you want doesnt equal what the casual gamer wants or expects.

2 Likes

I wish Microsoft support was this easy to get hold of when I had my Xbox One X issues. Your response time was excellent here.