Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

I was part of that War. I ended it by stabbing the Megadrive version in the chest.

1 Like

And everyone knew the MD version was better

3 Likes

1 Like

It was always 1440p on the X. With Unreal’s TAU it looked good on a 4K display.

1 Like

That’s strange because I could swear it looks significantly more sharp than before, now.

Maybe it’s using FSR now? Developers can tweak some values of most upscaling methods. So it could be using whatever was at launch, just with a tweaked sharpening setting. They just need to be careful not to introduce halo artifacts.

1 Like

So much so that they remastered that version to put on modern consoles and decided to put snes version on there year later due to terrible backlash and sales. …

The megadrive version was a generic action platformer made by randoms. Shinjo Mikami made the superior Snes version.

Whatever is truly going on I hope they fix it, and if not, yeah, just leave split screen out otherwise. But I can’t imagine splitscreen isn’t working on S, come on now.

1 Like

As the BG3 developer said themselves, it’s just they are in different stages of development. Everyone is making this stuff out to be more than it is.

6 Likes

That’s certainly what’s happening yeah, I see it on social media and forums too. Aside from that one dev that had critique about S a while ago, there haven’t been any cases where devs critiqued the S and had issues, have there?

Surely not… can’t possibly keep feeding the narrative that we’ve yet to see a credible source confirm…

1 Like

I think context and paying attention to the actual quote is important here. They never said split-screen isn’t working. They said they have been unable to get co-op working to the same standard on both the Xbox Series X and S. This doesn’t indicate that it’s not working on the Series S but instead it’s not working as well on the Series S as it is on the X.

specifically, we’ve been unable to get split-screen co-op to work to the same standard on both Xbox Series X and S, which is a requirement for us to ship."

Split-screen can be extremely demanding and with there being relatively less resources available on the Series S, it’s not surprising that version likely needs more work to get the same results as the X. Just the reality of having two tiered consoles where one requires more effort. Hopefully they can get it sorted out because it would be a shame for Xbox gamers to miss out on the game.

When/if the game does come out, I’ll be curious on how the Series S version stacks up. We’ll likely never find out but I’m also interested in where the bottleneck is. It’s highly unlikely the CPU is the issue, so the more likely reasons would be the GPU and/or memory. If it was the GPU, I’m assuming that would be easier to overcome since cutting out graphical features and dropping resolution is not uncommon on the system. My best guess is this being a memory issue again but that’s just a guess. I do agree with the panel that if they can’t get it working properly, MS should allow it to be cut from the Series S version. Hopefully we find out more soon and it all works out in the end.

Geez that seems to be a really great and complex port coming from a team whose first ports just had low-normal in graphic options and you were like “what am I chanching?”

Just tested this game on PC thanks to gamepass (GOD for things like this is why I love this service) aaaaaand…well few things:

1. I may the greatest luck in the multiverse because I played with everythin up to high without any problem (if there were drops I didnt notice anything)

2. Gamepass version is better than steam version.

3. PC gamers are exaggerating and being nitpicking at little things.

I found both Mickey Mouse and Aladdin to be better on the Mega Drive myself. It was Turtles that was far better on the Snes for me

They are bound to be issues. It just be a lot easier if there is any mandate that Series S and Series X games have to absolute parity, its needs to gone, we had the same crap with the HD and Xbox Arcade limits on the 360 .

It does remind my of the old Tomb Raider 2 days on the Saturn when CORE said the system was having issues handling the game. Only for it to turn out that it was ÂŁ200 million quid from SONY that was the main reason for the no show.

I must say mind XBox PR been poor this last few weeks on a number of issues and its been like a gift for the SONY fans. What Aaron Greenberg is doing I just don’t know… Let’s hope the Starfield showcase is next week

What?

5 Likes

Don’t you remember the Tomb Raider 2 days when the word from CORE was the Saturn couldn’t handle it and that why it was dropped. Only for years latter it to be confirmed that SONY paid EDIOS close to £200 quid for exclusive rights.

I doubt it’s that but it could just be the developer favours SONY hardware and is putting most of its efforts into that version and would rather leave stuff out of the Series S version rather than code to the metal on the system ( a little like the lack of effort put into Saturn ports)

It’s not been a great few weeks for XBox PR either way. SONY fans are having fun with how Hogwarts, Wild Hearts, Atomic Heart perform on the Series X to the PS V, the non-show of Starfield and how good Square’s FF 15 is looking on the PS5 and also PS5 hardware sales smashing it of late.

What do we get from Team XBox? Cityscape 2!!! amazing PR Aaron…

Is that true? Because we have seen that pretty much every game doesn’t have the same feature set between S and X. Things like X having RT, or X having more modes to play the game, I think sometimes we have seen each game only having 1 mode and its 30fps on S and 60 on X.

2 Likes

BG3 runs far better on Vulkan than it does on DX12. The Series S plays plenty of games well, and this game runs fine on a Steam Deck. People are reading too much into this.

6 Likes