Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Man really? Hopefully they update it then. Played it for an hour last night. Looks great to me but the biggest thing to me is the sound design. Playing it on a full ATMOS setup…scary as SHIT

1 Like

The game definitely rings The Order 1886 in space.

I can translate that into normal person speak if you like: PS5 best version at the moment due to bugs on xbox and PC builds. Xbox Series X is missing a RT feature and has a weird tint to some areas of fog most likely due to ray tracing bug. Both will probably be patched.

Disappointing to see bugs but they are a thing. I almost didn’t buy this due to the PS exclusive stuff then discovered that it was just a resource pack and 48hr early DLC. Maybe I should have waited for them to fix the series version.

3 Likes

I wonder if we are approaching the future where the marketing deals will lead to gimped releases on the platforms, not marketed for :thinking: If you can’t make the game exclusive, just gimp it for the competitor :joy:

1 Like

Sony contracts include technical parity clauses…

Indeed, but technical parity != gimped releases. In ideal case scenario Sony enforces the requirement that if Playstation don’t have some feature, Xbox cannot have it eithe.r

2 Likes

Apparently DF recommends to stick with performance mode on XSX, quality mode isn’t all that, where it is much better on PS5. I would watch the video myself, but I’m on 5G now and I don’t have a lot of data I can use before it becomes expensive as hell.

But it sounds like something the dev just didn’t get around to because of the deadline? Let’s hope they fix it. I don’t exactly except it to have the edge over PS5 this time, but at least on par in both modes.

Most contracts include something like that, so it’s not that big of a thing. It’s reasonable if they’re getting marketing promotions.

1 Like

And yet they had the gall to ask of MS to keep CoD exactly the same across platforms, parity. I can’t with this company man.

I’ll wait with any further extreme conclusions until they fix this shit but it better not become the new thing now.

Do Xbox marketed games block utilizing the PS5 features?

Shame about the issues on Xbox and PC, especially since I prefer to game on those platforms. Maybe it’s time to dust off the ol’ PS5 lol.

Hope they can get the bugs and performance issues sorted out relatively quickly.

Parity clauses usually require features be supported if available on the company’s platform instead of features being blocked on opposing platforms. Basically if the other platform has RT, ours should too since our platform supports it. It’s not usually a clause to block the implementation of features not supported by the company’s platform, meaning it wouldn’t block support for unique features like adaptive triggers or VRS.

It’s pretty common and something both MS and Sony have in their contracts to try to ensure their platform is supported as best as possible.

1 Like

Haven’t bothered lately with DF videos, but I just watched it.

So while the dev claims it’s 2160p in quality mode, the trut is that it isn’t at all. That is not good. It already was disappointing that the performance mode is only 1080p, but to have quality mode not even be native 4K? That lowers my expectations for a patch where they up the resolution in performance mode. Or maybe it is like Callisto Protocol where it needed more time. We’ll have to see what happens I guess.

There was boasting that PlayStation helped out a lot with the game no?

Judging by the mess on PC and missing RT features on Xbox where the Series X is just more capable, it seems to me that either the engineers at the studio were overburdened, or not the best. More likely the former than the later.

1 Like

Well, some people are already saying that Sony’s help was only visual quality (and that’s why it is good) but everything else is developers’ fault :rofl:

2 Likes

“You mean all you do is move forward? No exploration? Nothing? You got yourself a deal!” -Sony

Yeah based on the reports of crunch, Sony apparently sending up to 150 devs to help, and clear signs the game launched hot, I think it’s safe to say the team could have used more time. Shame too since these early impressions will impact years of work.

Hope they can sort things out shortly. I’m also curious on if MS’ support has or will help get the title up to speed on Xbox. Like Sony, they also have a team called the Advanced Technology Group that can provide support for 3rd party teams on Xbox versions of games.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know that was a thing. How interesting!

Didn’t know that either, very nice.

Hope they indeed sort it out because the praise for the graphics is a fact, but that tint on the Xbox version in the DF video is just weird, it shouldn’t be there, same as the performance issues and reflections. Apparently it’s one of the best raytracing seen in a console game yet. Well come on then, let us Xboxers enjoy that too.

They clearly are on top of it now for PC but hopefully they acknowledge the Xbox problems too and the Xbox team reaches out to them.

1 Like

but that MoCap team with their technologies, etc., Xbox doesn’t have. it’s something MS should invest in.

Yes they do have it what?!

1 Like