Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

At $20, that’s still not that bad but yeah, with how tight funds are now, It’s probably best to wait it out for now. That’s a good heads up, thanks.

Weird that they didn’t go ahead and create PS4 and Xbox One versions if it was going to be on Switch anyway. :man_shrugging:

I’m guessing you guys can’t do an account sharing thing with the review codes you get, huh?

We’ve discussed it before but it would be a logistical nightmare. The only solution is “get more codes” which requires us getting bigger.

2 Likes

With the size of the team, they probably didn’t see the point. If they supported last gen consoles, that’s four additional SKUs to optimize, test, and submit cert for.

1 Like

Xbox studios have some presentations at Siggraph next week

5 Likes
8 Likes

Wouldn’t it be amazing if the Series S gained the ability to play Xbox 360 games at X1X Enhanced settings? After all, that’s the single biggest disadvantage of the Series S and the reason that no one would ever want to buy one.*

*Source: People who never cared about X1X BC enhancements before Series S didn’t have them

Very awesome. Curious on how much memory has been given back exactly. They say hundreds of MBs. So would that be 256MB? 512MB? Don’t see any more than that or they would have maybe been a bit more specific.

Still with video game systems, every little bit helps.

Really the biggest disadvantage to the Series S is how often it misses out on features IMO. It’s more common for the Series S to lack 120fps or RT modes than it is to include them.

1 Like

Want to get some opinions of the members here. Been messing around with emulators on the Xbox Series consoles. Would anyone be interested in a video going over how various games run in retroarch, duckstation, and flycast?

13 Likes

Yes please and thank you :wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Absolutely! Am waiting

1 Like

My kid is very interested in this. But between work (me) and part-time work/part-time school (him) we haven’t been pressed to dedicate the time. I have a massive backlog game pass has only made worse, but my kid would likely dive in with some thorough videos showing how to set emulations up on console and how well they perform. He dabbles a litte with this on his laptop.

2 Likes

The video will probably not be out for a while. I’m still waiting on a part to extract the bios from my saturn, troubleshooting some technical issues that may be me or the retroarch emulator, and on top of it all, I’m currently sick and sound like I’ve been a smoker for 100 years, so now isn’t the best time to record narration lol.

To be honest, I wasn’t planning on covering setting up the emulators, there are already a ton of useful videos out there for people interested. What I was planning on doing is to try and provide some insight to how well the emulators run some of the more demanding games for many of the older 3D platforms. So I’m hoping to cover the performance and features for a handful of games on the PS1, Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PS2.

2 Likes

That makes sense. Shouldn’t be on you to rehash something 'cuz my social media head is in the sand. :wink:

MultiVersus vs Super Smash Bros Ultimate - DF Tech Review - PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S

Xbox Series X - 4k / locked 60fps

PS5 - 4k / 60fps / Some small drops during game-play, bigger drops in the 50’s in the character screen.

Xbox Series S - 1440p / locked 60fps , bit lower shadow quality and a bit less of DOF compared to Series X and the PS5.

7 Likes

Can’t watch now, but I hope that WB makes a deal to bring Goku into MultiVersus. So we can finally have Goku VS Superman in an officially licensed game.

2 Likes

PlayStation 5 1440p Support Tested! Good For PC Monitors, Better 120Hz For HDMI 2.0 TVs?

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy to make additional videos for people. I just don’t consider myself anywhere close to an expert, so I’d hate to lead someone the wrong way when I’m not intimately familiar with every step myself. When you and your son do dive in, I’m happy to help in any way I can. I certainly have learned a lot over the last week.

2 Likes