Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

There is a reason that fox lad is blocked on my end you know. He’s a troll, and I just don’t have time for it. Pay it no attention.

10 Likes

Very good to know.

1 Like

If you see these posts, immediately block or mute to keep your Twitter timeline clean. These clowns have obviously no idea what they are talking about.

5 Likes

Foxy is a clown

5 Likes

Foxy is a die hard Sony fanboy who makes stuff up constantly. Not sure those debunked claims belong here.

5 Likes

Common sense says no. UE is a multiplatform development tool. No way is epic going to limit their customer base by optimizing around one platform.

A quick google suggests that the core engine is PC oriented with platform specific extensions running on top.

Hitman Trilogy video reveals that during year 2 they are adding ray tracing, Intel XeSS support, and VRS. I wonder how much of that will be supported on console. I’m really interested to see XeSS on console, so I hope to see it happen sooner than later.

Video below at the correct timestamp.

8 Likes

It is all PC-only by the sounds of it. It specifically says RT is PC only later in the vid.

Hitman 3 didn’t have raytracing in that Japan level?

I totally missed that part.

giphy-11

I apologize for jumping into this thread with a complete tangent, but I brought up something incorrect that I thought I should address.

It’s pretty embarrassing, but a while ago after the Halo Infinite Technical Preview I was recalling seeing indications of screen space GI. At the edges of the screen I noticed that lighting (and shadows) were disappearing.

Well after playing the release and looking for it again, it was actually… My cheap TCL TV’s light bleed from the edges. That bleed made things look flat and I only realized it when my screengrabs showed no issues.

So yeah it’s an embarrassing mistake on my part but I thought I should clear it up. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Cool of you to set the record straight when you had nothing to gain!

1 Like
3 Likes

Really good PC port. It’s interesting how these PS ports are embracing tech like DLSS.

If I wasn’t so far into the PS4 version, I’d double dip on this and just start over with this version.

Does anyone think that the reason Microsoft isn’t integrating Nvidia tech is because they are waiting on AMD? Or for their own version of the tech to launch? So they can have a more widespread solution that even older gpus and cpu could use?

If not what could be the reason, besides say Halo coming in hot, to not employ them? Is the tech not part of the directX 12 ultimate package?

Presumably a really deep partnership agreement with AMD.

1 Like

I’m leaning more towards games coming in hot and these features being patched into PC games over time instead of being available Day 1. Games like Deathloop and Horizon saw these features added post launch.

I assume if AMD was involved they’d make FSR an option in their games, which is supported by both Xbox and PC. They haven’t even done that. They are also lacking things like RT and basically everything else unique to the PC. Definitely looks like a time thing to me.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m already seeing others complain about it being an underwhelming port as it lacks dynamics resolution, no 40 fps mode (120 Hz locked to VSync) and just slightly better draw distances.

5 Likes