Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

How is the Series X version loading Nier Replicant 9 seconds faster than PS5? Wow.

Because there isnt a series x or ps5 version. Its just backwards comp so I assume the xbox solutions to that are better?

1 Like

True. I would just think that the PS5 SSD would simply brute force it but obviously not.

? It’s my picture that I took on Monday. Yeah the Res takes a hit but playing the game in 120 FPS makes up for it it’s super smooth to play.

It goes from 4K to 720, I find that a ridiculous hit. But is it actually truly 720p? I believe that EnAnalista site tweeted that but the tweet got removed. But if they went with the OG Xbox One version instead of One X, then it’s definitely 720p. For me that’s not worth it. Overall so far I find 120fps not as big of a difference with 60fps as I expected. 30 to 60 I immediately notice, no question about that but 120 not as big. It differs for everyone.

1 Like

Series X is basically running DRS max resolution of xbox one code. So whatever that value is - you get that with 120 fps.

It sure is sacrifice from 4k DRS.

All about options :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It doesn’t look like a 720p game mind. I find the frame rate makes a difference. Battlefield 4 really shows its age and looks super blurry, but its still great to play it at 120 fps mind

3 Likes

From what I think I understand, it just can’t or at least not without additional work from the developers. It sucks for the people who were expecting fast loading on their PS5s (as the marketing heavily emphasized) but it’s more on Sony than the devs I think. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

When there is no actual use of each next gen console feature set, Series console always win because of CPU (PS5 clocks are variable, always remember that and I doubt they reach the maximum threshold very often) and better cross-gen platform overall.

1 Like

Ray Tracing P***

VRS x4

DLSS 2.1

Baked Lighting Tricks removed

Each Light in the game adds to Global Illumination

It’s Insane :exploding_head:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Ray Tracing P***? What is the censored part meant to mean? :slight_smile:

I wonder when the Xbox patch will come.

I was gonna say maybe “pass” but then I realized that 80% of what’s discussed here would be censored :laughing:

2 Likes

What it generally means when censored like this.

I genuinely have no idea, but ah well.

Psychonuts

Ori

Recore

No Man’s Sky

4 Likes

Jesus,…Staffy has to wake up, seems he’s sleeping. LOL.

1 Like

And the rdna2 performance while not on the same level as Nvidia does give a very positive hope of RT performance on consoles.

Dam i just got a mental image of Alex from DF going to his bedroom with a box of tissues and a magazine showing the most hardcore ray tracing :crazy_face:

1 Like

Laugh Laughing GIF by Angry Birds