Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Yup! The gamma has been corrected. The black levels look MUCH better now.

You just don’t get it and I’m convinced you never will. This isn’t the “blindly defend a game you don’t care about the flaws” thread. No one said you shouldn’t be happy with whatever. Hopefully bolding this helps to get through to you, pointing out and discussing flaws is not the same as being negative. Just like keeping the thread on topic isn’t being a tyrant.

If you have no interest in discussing tech, and just want to bitch every time you’re in this thread, why bother entering this thread? The next time you try to make things personal with anyone here, there will be a ban.

2 Likes

Like you ‘blindly’ defend DF. Get this… I had no issues or problems with Halo other than not being able to replay missions and if you started a new game, you lost your save.

The Coalition for example are on record saying the DF vids on Gears 5 helped them in the post launch patch updates.

Those “little issues or FPS hiccups” being pointed out are actually valuable to the devs themselves more than it is for us plebians.

2 Likes

Not defaulting to the tired bullshit about DF being biased is not blindly defending them. Having the understanding, maturity, and experience to recognize the challenges they face in their work is not blindly defending them. Keeping this topic about the tech and not your narrow minded grievances is not blindly defending them. Last, following our policies of not going after people in the industry is not blindly defending them.

Leave your willful ignorance and insecurities out of the thread. No one expressed concerns over bias when they only use Xbox in a video, excluding playstation, but that doesn’t matter since it doesn’t support your agenda. None of that, just like your preference for mission and save tracking, has anything to do with this thread. Get it through your head.

2 Likes

Do you really need to swear? Overlooking the condescending nonsense. I had no issues with Halo other than with being able to replay missions or start a new game.

This isn’t the thread for your issues with the mission management. You can discuss that in the link below and stop derailing this thread.

2 Likes

No thanks sport

Why did I get a link posted here in my private alerts?

I copied the link for the thread and for some reason it linked to one of your posts in the thread. No idea why

No thanks to what? Posting in the right topic? What a weird response.

Ahh, I get it now

PS Plus Classics on PS4/PS5 | PSX - PS2 - PSP Games | Graphics Comparison

Oof…Indeed!

Funny thing is that some people are paying premium price to get an inferior product than emulators on PC offer for free with better performance. LOL!!!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Well it has at least more features and slightly better performance than the garbage emulation on Playstation Classic.

Hooray?

to be honest I expected worse from the company where the CEO hates old games.

2 Likes

Let’s face it, Xbox forced their hands.

1 Like

A pretty rough start considering the hardware. Hopefully they continue to improve and expand the BC offerings.

Been trying to catch up on all the channels I follow and there are some great videos.

I’ve really been enjoying Evil Dead so far. It’s interesting that they are shooting for the same resolution, albeit with some lower settings, on the Series S. I wish there was a mode on the Series X that unlocks the frame rate so there could be a good comparison on how the two compare. In theory, the frame rate should be more than twice as fast on the Series X. I also hope they add a frame rate cap to the Series S version. It’s always at or above 30fps and that would be more preferable than an unlocked frame rate IMO.

Not sure if Nick has ever been posted before but I thought this was a great video. I wish I was able to be at home because this is something I’ve wanted to do for the longest time now. Really shows the progress made since that infamous demo.

Speaking of progress, it’s good to see they are still working on the GTA collection. Not sure if it’s worth a purchase yet but at least it’s better than the mess we saw at launch.

4 Likes