Forza Motorsport Shown at Xbox Showcase: Brings Ray Tracing, Enhanced Time of Day

It’s SUCH big leap, they aren’t wrong when they say it’s a generational leap

Sorry I take back what I said. :joy:

1 Like

11 Likes

still haven’t found the direct feed videos for download. any of you had better luck than me?

very interesting episode of forza weekly, for both motorsport and horizon

I want to make a single annotation, given the stupid things I’ve read on the subject in various sites and social:

Around the 16th minute mark, Chris Esaki says:

"Ray tracing is in realtime gameplay, I want to make that clear. 
 When we say <on track> we are not being funny with words 
meaning "only on replay" or "only in photomode".
We aren't trying to mislead you.
When you are racing, when you are playing the game, ray tracing is on"

as if turn 10 was polyphony and tried to mislead people…

anyway, now everyone knows. even the non-believers :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

This is the only marketing tag-line they need for this game. Rest are all bonuses. Seems like this will push the Series X hardware for the first time.

4 Likes

it will be very funny (for nextgen mother of all comparisons, gt7 vs forza ) if it comes out and ray tracing is in gameplay on series S too :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Digitalfoundry will never ever dare to do that I’m quite sure. :joy:

4 Likes

Its quite funny that you mentioned that. See, back when polyphony showcased gt7, boasting “game ray tracing”, I was the first one to notice that never in gameplay was r/t shown, and had a converation with Alex on that, as he had fully eaten up polyphony’s pr, and no matter that I told him that “hey alex, watch the footage. there is no r/t in gameplay here”, he replied back then that he believes there will be, and when the game is out if there isn’t, he would go back to rectify. Well, game came out, no r/t in gameplay like I said, no big deal for alex.

Now, in the latest video (today) alex talks about forza, and even though it was shown, even though it was declared, he takes a very “precautious” -or in better words F.U.D.y - stance, saying “well, yeah, it was shown on pc… and while t10 said xbox will look the same… we just dont know…” etc

Hey man, you were 100% certain you were seeing r/t gameplay on polyphony’s marketing videos. Whats wrong with you? Are you ok? :smiley:

5 Likes

It is perfectly reasonable to expect that RT in the PC version will be superior to that of the console version, but to doubt the studio who has repeatedly mentioned ‘RT while racing on track’ on the Series consoles, I don’t know what to say.

4 Likes

It was actually one of the things when I was annoyed watching Hoeg’s reaction to Xbox Showcase where he questioned why would anybody want to see such reveal of Forza, and some other guy told him - “aren’t you playing Gran Turismo?”

There is some reiligous element involved each time a person sides with some Playstation title.

4 Likes

what t10 showed is the series x spec of the game.

simply put, anything against that is pure FUD

3 Likes

So I guess this means the ray tracing stops working if I go off track? /s

2 Likes

Was there any new footage shown or did they go into a decent amount of depth on the tech? I haven’t watched it yet.

Sounds like some good stuff. If you click the link there’s more tweets of info from klobrille.

2 Likes

decent amount of details and depth, and Chris also said they will be doing multiple presentations each focusing on specific aspects of the game

1 Like

They will mention it in a single sentence and then move on quickly

/S

1 Like

Yeah spot on, Remember when Forza Horizon 5 was shown off and DF were like that must be PC footage and then the Series X game comes out and looks just as good.

4 Likes

they compared the two previous games in a head to head, so i’m expecting the same here.

Swallow their pride and they will. Probably expected Forza to not make that much of a leap.