Forza Motorsport Shown at Xbox Showcase: Brings Ray Tracing, Enhanced Time of Day

I want more gameplay and gifs.

1 Like

Maybe extended?

Maybe. We will see.

Tune into Forza Monthly this Thursday, June 16 on our official Twitch and YouTube channels when Forza Motorsport Creative Director Chris Esaki will dive into what you see in the trailer.

Hereā€™s a snapshot of the cars in our trailer and gameplay video:

• 2018 Acura #36 Gradient Racing NSX GT3
  • 2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi
  • 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
  • 2017 Aston Martin Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3 #7
  • 2018 Audi #44 R8 LMS GT3
  • 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT
  • 2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM
  • 2018 BMW #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE
  • 2019 Brabham BT62
  • 2021 Cadillac #31 Whelen Racing DPi-V.R
  • 1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
  • 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
  • 2020 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing C8.R
  • 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray CoupĆ©
  • 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
  • 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
  • 1967 Eagle-Weslake T1G
  • 1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
  • 1966 Ford #2 GT40 Mk II Le Mans
  • 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • 2018 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z
  • 2020 Formula Drift #151 Toyota GR Supra
  • 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60-LT-P1
  • 1967 Honda RA300
  • 2020 Koenigsegg Jesko
  • 2018 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse HuracĆ”n Super Trofeo Evo
  • 2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO
  • 1991 Mazda #55 Mazda 787B
  • 1966 McLaren M2B
  • 2019 McLaren Senna GTR
  • 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
  • 2016 NIO EP9
  • 2019 Nissan 370Z Nismo
  • 2020 Nissan GT-R NISMO (R35)
  • 2017 Porsche #911 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR
  • 2021 Porsche 911 GT3
4 Likes

There we go. Answer to the previous question.

I mean, GT7 has pop in as well, considering they are probably aiming for 4k or at least dynamic 4k with 60fps and RT on track, Iā€™m guessing somethingā€™s gotta give? You never know, Turn 10 are wizards in my book, but with the level of visual fidelity already on display and the advanced physics in the game, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if some pop in is still in the final game. FH5 has a lot more than that in the 60fps mode.

I kinda forgot about tihs but yea, if they follow the Forza Horizon route, we should be getting gameplay regularly on the Forza twitch streams, thatā€™s nice, hope they start this same month, thereā€™s a lot of footage left to show

1 Like

massive improvement

8 Likes

Thatā€™s impressive. Huge leap in quality

1 Like

Pretty sure it smokes GT7 as well in terms of realism.

3 Likes

yeah, but that ugly stream compression is annoying. Amazing that Google cannot come up with something there. Mixer was better.

1 Like

Turn 10 looked at DF videos and decided they will save DF time and make the presentation like DF videos

2 Likes

One used to get 4K Live streams, but I think COVID put too much strain on the Internet and thatā€™s why so many look to limit bandwidth

Minor nitpick: The shadows on trees flicker a bit and the resolution isnā€™t native. Thatā€™s about itā€¦the tech here is insanely impressive.

You can see where the BVH for the RT cuts off and it is really quite far behind the player car. Probably 500 ft or more Iā€™d guesstimate. It also seems to include a ton of objects in it, maybe almost everything. The RT here compares very favorably to the RT in PS5ā€™s 1P games. Turn10 are wizards.

3 Likes

I wonder what they will be able to achieve within a year.

1 Like

They did something really similar to Playground. It seems they came together and sorted out how to perfectly present a new game. real time intro trailer with splashy claims, in depth talk detailing the claims while showing them off with gameplay and unimpeachable real time camera moving through the game world. Only thing that coulda been better was them saying it was running on XSX in the presentation itself instead of clarifying that afterwards. Canā€™t wait to see Fable hopefully be presented this way at some point.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how you estimated BVH rangeā€¦ Only the cars and car body itself is supposed to be ray traced

Doesnā€™t seem like there is RT anywhere elsešŸ¤”

You do by looking at the reflection in the cars (other cars have it too btw). In the intro trailer you can see a shot with the rear of a black car reflecting its surroundings behind it and just before the camera cuts you can spot some objects de-spawning from the BVH (i.e. they disappear from the reflection).

Timestamped here. Ya gotta play it back in 0.25x speed to notice it though (I maaaaaay have spent hrs last night scouring everything I could from Starfield and FM footage at quarter speedā€¦ >.> ).

2 Likes

FM looked great but its only when you see them side by side that you see what a leap it really is

NO.FUCKIN.WAY!!

https://twitter.com/cy6rh/status/1536100344215789574

4 Likes