Forza Motorsport 7 Delisting September 15th

Forza Motorsport 7, like all Forza games eventually do, will be reaching End of Life status on September 15th, which means that it will be delisted and as a result not available to be purchased. What’s crazy is that this is what I think for the first time that a Forza Motorsport game cannot be purchased on the store, at least until the new Forza Motorsport releases. It’s also on sale for $9.99 currently.

Additionally, if you’re playing the game on Xbox Game Pass and have bought any DLC for the game, you can get a token which will give you the game for free.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-motorsport-7-end-of-life

Pain.

1 Like

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

I think it’s bs that these Forza games keep getting Delisted

Expected. As every 4 years.

2 Likes

If I’m understanding enough… Does is mean that Forza Motorsport 7 will be still available through Xbox Game Pass for anyone who will redeem token and bought DLC?

If yes then very good solution from Microsoft. Now we know how Forza Horizon 4 would be keep next year.

From my understanding, if you’ve played the game on Game Pass + bought DLC for the game, you will get a code to redeem the game for free before it leaves Game Pass. It will then be yours forever

1 Like

That’s what I’m seeing too. Pretty classy way to handle a rare occurrence, and makes me more likely to buy DLC for first-party games down the line.

2 Likes

The price for having licensed cars in your game. At least they give people a cheap option to add it to their collection if they really want it.

2 Likes

Would be nice if they would put DLCs on sale as well, like they did with Forza Motorsport 6.

It’s kind of a weird situation that FM7 is getting delisted after the typical license period, but the next FM game is not out yet. I guess they didn’t anticipate a 5+ year gap between releases.

FM7 is great, I’m definitely buying a copy to keep after this.

I bought the Lego DLC for FH4 so here’s hoping I’m in line for a free copy in a couple years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Clearly the answer here is to edit out the real cars and names and make fake ones. I don’t know a thing about cars so I wouldn’t notice, and I’m the only person who matters (because I’m me)

1 Like

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Quite likely, they’d also need to change the performance characteristics and handling, not just the name and badges. I think that’s included in the license agreements.

Likewise, Insomniac could have saved big on licensing costs by making a Cobweb-Guy game starring Dieter Harker. Who would even know the difference?

2 Likes

I would, try to keep up!

1 Like

Leaving Game Pass? But I thought XGS games basically stay on it forever?

Except Forza, specifically because of the licensing situation.

1 Like

As far as I know, this is the only exception to the rule, because of forces outside of their control. It’s possible they’ll add it to Games with Gold right before it gets delisted though.

Edit: I think a bunch of old sports games were removed from EA Play a few months ago, probably for the same general reason?

Damn, I see. So that goes for FH games too eventually?