Forza Horizon 4 New Features and Content Announced

With this announcement, add in the touch ups to X|S enhancements and I totally feel my ultimate edition pre-order is justified.

This is still my immediate and extended family’s go-to co-op game!

Its Forge for Forza Horizon 4. Some members of the community will go nuts with this feature, thats why they hyped this up so much.

we also got 6 new cars, even one from the 1920s.

2 Likes

I missed it and I don’t see it on YouTube :frowning:

It’s still live right now.

It’s the Forza Monthly / December 2020

Official trailer for Super7 here:

4 Likes

Damn a second late, lol

Lol, sorry.

gotta redownload fh4, gamepass is costing me more on ssds than anything ffs

2 Likes

You aren’t wrong! My 2tb USB SSD is nearly full! I’m trying to reserve my OEM SSD expansion for the X|S games that require them.

And, I have to keep options for 3 people that don’t want to play their One Xs anymore. :cry:

1 Like

Yeah baby! The game that keeps on giving!

Excellent new feature! And I’m still playing this killer game.

They are experimenting for FH5. Good then keep it for the next one too.

3 Likes

This looks like a nice addition to the game. I’d love to be wrong, but seeing this announced today just makes me even more skeptical about FH5 coming next year. I just don’t see it.

6 Likes

I got the same feeling. If it does come out next year, it’ll be in the fall/holiday season.

Preview of the new SUPER7 feature, seems really good!

2 Likes

I may come across ungrateful for Super7. But just like the battle royal like mode before it, everything they offer these days. For me at least, seems to be another step in the wrong direction. Every time I try and get back into FH4, I always feel like I’m being forced to do busy work which I just don’t enjoy. The whole experience seems to be a jack of all trades and master of none with a total mess of a progression system. Yet I still would never uninstall it. I just wished I had less of a love/hate relationship with it.

I far preferred FH3 as a game.

But hey to each there own.

Agree about the progression system, the game tries to shove all the challenges and trials at you, the map gets to polluted with all the new challenges when I’m not even done with the old ones and then I forget what I was going to do and move on to the new stuff. I also hope they rework the menus/UI for FH5, they’ve added so much new stuff to FH4 that the old menus are feeling a little bloated.

I know people got sick of the focus on championships in FH3. But for me they were great as you could take part in them in any car you wished and still count towards the core progression.

I remember when I got FH4 at launch and within a couple of days, thought, where is the content, its just single races and a couple of championships. Even the ones that were and are there today, force you to use a specific car category/group. Then you have to wait a week for a couple of new ones. For a game that promises you so much freedom and variety, I find myself constantly mentally being forced to do specific events and game types over and over. The key is actually to try and break away from the season events. But then you may realise that there isnt so much there to do if you do. Or what is there is in a forced specific car choice.

Like I say always love/hate relationship for me.

Still if ramps, trex and static fairground wheels are your thing… personally I’d much rather of not had all the half hearted attempts at more content, waited a year or two and had part of London added as a DLC.

This is one key area I think Forza Horizon is missing; an enormous city to race through. The seaside city in 3 was closest but far too small.

I can’t disagree with the progression and polluted map concerns, either. But as a co-op game our family doesn’t care too much overall and - similar to games like Crackdown, Dying Light, and TC’s Wildlands - the co-op do-your-own-thing is the selling point.

I feel for Devs, too. Having to chase an expanding market share can be trying and - similar to Halo - you’re going to upset your “core”. But I suppose that diversion could be why Horizon branched off from the main title to begin with? It worked for my family. We don’t touch driving Sims, but the open world arcade-y driving is just … fun.

Since this update, has anyone else had problems joining online free roam? My wife can on her One X, but I cannot on my series X. I tested all my cables, switches, gateway (including reset), and console settings including a hard restart and full delete and reinstall of the game. All seem to be good, but I still can’t join free roam.

All other multi-player games and modes seem to work fine. :thinking:

Definitely not just you. I can’t join online either. And I’ve seen several other people on the internet have the same problem.