Final Fantasy 16 Might Be Timed Exclusive On PS5!

This is so stupid. I guess there can’t be a faceoff if the game doesn’t launch on Xbox, though. Sony seems worried about their hardware IMO.

2 Likes

I feel this might be the best time with enough grounds for bringing back their own JRPGS from the 360 era and stop solely relying on this big third party support because the competition just wants to have everything for itself, so might as well start producing content in the same vein originally. The closest one to FF being Lost Odyssey, of course. Make it good enough to be commercially very successful. That’s just one example for a slew of new original content. Reclaim lost ground that way, which will make it harder for these third parties to ignore the success of such content on said platform and they shall be more reluctant to take up exclusivity deals from the competitor.

It’s exactly what I was thinking. Lol…Done to avoid DF tech face-offs. Preventing competition to have a potential great big rpg on the best console. Of course not the sole reason but one among others if the rumor about this deal is true…It would be sad and dirty but hey business is business for them.

Gross…

We still have to wait for FF7R and now this? Hopefully it turns out to be false.

2 Likes

They get Final Fantasy fans to invest in Playstation and then it has a knock on effect with other games in the genre. You buy a PS for Playstation and now you’re buying Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Persona and so on for your Playstation. Sony bought exclusivity for Street Fighter 5 and set itself up as the defacto fighting game platform this generation.

1 Like

I wonder if XBOX marketing is planning anything with Bungie outside of the Destiny 2 GamePass deal. Its sad that square is handling things this way but It happens. I’m sure they’ll get a lot of free marketing from Sony to make it worth it for them.

not even ps4? lol

1 Like