Fighting Games [OT] Fighting in the Emerald Streets (and Beyond)

Both. But I think in some ways aesthetics play a big part, in the sense looking extra cool can make up for alright-ish move sets, play style, etc.

1 Like

Usually I go to the random route, but i’m always in a character crisis because of that. In 1x1 games i usually pick the characters by how cool I think they are, like Flash and Grodd in Injustice 2. If it’s a VS game like MvC or DBFZ I usually try to think a little more on the pros and cons of every character. But in the end I’m always having fun with at least half the roster lol.

1 Like

depends on the game… Skullgirls… I chose peacock cause I love how she animates and the idea that shes an old school cartoon character. Strive … Faust because hes wacky KI… riptor cyber dinosaur do i need to say more Mk … scorpion … cause he yells get over here

2 Likes

Makes sense. I am little bit of both myself. Depends on the game. I love Ryu and Guile, for instance, so I play them in any Street Fighter (whether they’re good or bad). But in Injustice 2, instead of using Superman (my favorite comic character) I use Grodd because he fits my neutral focused style, in the game, more.

2 Likes

Not that this means anything: Major Nelson did his weekly giveaway earlier and one of the digital codes was for Mortal Kombat… Which isn’t available digitally. Maybe it will be soon :thinking:.

1 Like

Wow, another Grodd player, there’s so few of us in IJ2 :rofl: The game sometimes is kinda though for character without projectiles. Guess I love the struggle lol

1 Like

It’s a good thing most players don’t know about his Character Power’s anti-projectile move :wink:

1 Like

Or how to deal with his command jump, lots of Fates and Starfires brought down :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: damn, I miss IJ2, guess it’s time to go back

1 Like

DB FighterZ was my favourite FG last gen, it’s saddening Arc System Work doesn’t support Xbox platform anymore.

I also own all the Naruto Shippuden Storm games (best anime tie-ins ever, by far), then I played a little KI, MKX and VF5 (the 360 BC version).

In general I like more 2D FG, I suck even more in 3D ones like Tekken or DoA, lol.

2 Likes

I also prefer 2D FGs. The only 3D ones I truly love are the 3D era Mortal Kombats & Virtua Fighter.

2 Likes

Anyone want to play a few sets in SF 30th? I haven’t played in awhile but I need my 3rd Strike fix :joy:.

Soooo, we might have finally figured out what Nick meant the other day in regards to who is developing the next Killer Instinct.

I am watching Street Fighter The Movie for the first time in a LONG time… Is it wrong that I legitimately love it?

It’s 90s trash. XD

I prefer MK 90s movies, other example of trash movies. XD

1 Like

But it’s GOOD '90s trash :wink:.

The first MK is also good '90s trash. The sequel…

Now that yesterday happened, which AB characters would you like to see in KI2? I would like to see: Crash, The Lich King, Kyle (Blackthorne), and Doomfist.

• Alex Mercer from Prototype was born for a fighting game.
  • Maybe a generic Diablo or WoW character, just like Monster Hunter in MvC Infinite.
  • Tony Hawk :eyes:

1 Like

Can’t believe I didn’t think of Alex :sweat_smile:.

Tauren Chieftain from Warcraft 3 is a must.

2 Likes

It’s probably a bit of wishful thinking on my part but I feel that Street Fighter 6 is going to be revealed after the online Capcom Cup exhibitions.

1 Like