FF16 confirmed to be timed exclusive to PlayStation

It’s just weird that we know FF16 is coming to other consoles, unless that’s Switch it’s Xbox. But for some reason FF7R would be left off Xbox.

Changed the heading to reflect more accuracy

Also…

:philwins:

5 Likes

Same here, two years is a bullshit deal. I’m not getting a playstation for this. I can happily wait that time. I’m just glad it’s coming to Xbox since I really like FFXV. I think FF7R can launch as intergrade simultaniously with the ps5 version this summer.

1 Like

Sony must be paying Square a bucket load of cash here. Having said that, FF16 is certainly coming to Xbox after a year. FF7 Remake i’m not so sure

I’m almost certain its coming to PC at some point. Xbox is up in the air.

Although in the long run. Makes sense for SE to put it out on Xbox as well. But we all know Sony and their money hat tactics. ITs going to be even stronger now that MS have Bethesda. Which can be a good thing…because MS will be even more aggressive.

There probably wasn’t an NDA on the Tomb Raider announcement. Sony have been very VERY stingy with FF7.

But the whole “integrade” and FF7 being on PS+ suggests to me theyre trying to milk the hell out of it on PS before inevitably coming out elswhere. My gut instincts says PC only. But hopefully Xbox too

Knowing Sony…they’ve Moneyhatted Integrade for a year off Xbox. Or even base FF7 with next gen optimization.

1 Like

That was due to the pressure by media.

1 Like

So, this podcast had a rumor mill where @Shpeshal_Nick heard that Metal gear Rising 2 made by Platinum is going to be an Xbox timed exclusive. If this is true, I’m expecting something to be shown at E3 perhaps.

3 Likes

I honestly wish the same would happen this time. Same for FF7 remake.

1 Like

It’s not going to happen because, as you know, FF is a Franchise that has long been associated with PS so the media is ok with Sony moneyhatting the game unlike when The evil MS Corp stole Tomb Raider from the Sony fanbase.

3 Likes

No one here has noticed this video, yet?

1 Like

The more I think about it, Sony is trying it hardest to keep FF solely associated with PlayStation. They can’t afford to do that with all the titles, so with FF16 it’s a timed exclusive, but FF7R is a special case in the sense the original was a PlayStation 1 game. If they felt like they HAD to do it and could only do it with one game, it’d be FF7R.

So they want that particular story to have even more of a synonymity with PlayStation hence it might not be coming to Xbox for quite a good while, unlike FF16 which is a whole new story and the newest entry in the franchise so a 1 year timed exclusive is perhaps what they tried for at best.

I just hope Phil doesn’t take it personally. :laughing:

Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF

4 Likes

That was HUGE grain of salt on that one. I’ve heard absolutely zero since then and even then I wasn’t confident. Hence the HUGE grain of salt warning.

3 Likes

Square seem so short sighted. Running around taking money for everything instead of trying to build an audience across platforms that puts them in the driving seat.

2 Likes

God I hope that isn’t true. Want them making something better than MGS: Survive trash, lol.

1 Like

Lol rising was really good

1 Like

it wasn’t the one made by Konami alone where you had survival aspect, butt a potential sequel to Rising Revengeance where it was beat em’ all.

lol you’re mistaken. Metal Gear Rising is that hack and slash Platinum game where you had these fruit ninja type combos/QTEs. MG Survive is completely different and made by Konami themselves

1 Like

conangiphy

sadgiphy

chancegiphy

1 Like

The same way that Final Fantasy 7 Remake was announced to be a timed exclusive but we’re yet to see if it’ll actually come to Xbox.