FF16 confirmed to be timed exclusive to PlayStation

1 Like

Haven’t we already known this?

1 Like

I think it is more in the sense we don’t know for now for FF VII Remake for example if it is coming or not ( I’m still hoping it will ), so this is the confirmation it will eventually come to Xbox for FF XVI.

2 Likes

We knew it was coming to other ‘platforms’ eventually, but not that it was coming to other ‘consoles’ specifically.

3 Likes

Is that from the MS Store ?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/games/

1 Like

Thanks ! Yeah, this is confirmation.

1 Like

I’m not gonna wait two God dam years xD maybe my roommate will own a ps5 at this point.

But do we know for sure it is two years. I have only seen speculations so far.

I think it’s official.

Really ? I don’t remember it. I will try to look for it.

So I tried looking for it, and there is no mention of duration for the timed exclusivity. Mainly specualtion that because Forspoken is for two years, then it is maybe the case for FF 16, but nothing offficial.

Good to know. @Shpeshal_Nick do umyou know maybe?

The console bit is new, wish we had that for FF7R as well. But here we are, it’s April, a year since it released on PS4 and…

Tomorrow or today in Germany was the release. Maybe we get new information in the next 24 hours.

Edit: is was the 10th

Well, this was right at the end of 2015’s FF7 announcement trailer, and we are yet to see any news about it coming to other platforms :frowning:

3 Likes

10th April earliest

Rise of the Tomb Raider was released on the Xbox One on November 10, 2015. In July Square Enix announced that the game would be released on PS4 on October 11, 2016.

We would know by know if FF7 Remake was coming.

I believe @Shpeshal_Nick has also been hinting about the game staying locked in the PlayStation side.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t have a problem waiting 2 years because that probably means it will launch straight into game pass with all DLC and updates. FFXV did that (I know it was on Xbox previously).

2 Likes

Maybe not now, but I still believe it will eventually come on the platform in the next 3-4 years.