Far Cry 6 Gameplay Reveal - Releases October 7th 2021

“guerilla gameplay”

“doesn’t want to make a political statement”

:rofl:

2 Likes

It really seems like Xbox has the marketing rights for it :

Go to twitter and the first thing I read is that the game looks “massively inferior to Horizon”.

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Yep. It looks like they do. Game Pass Day One is still on the menu :wink:.

1 Like

Yep, still possible.

I mean, sure overall Horizon looked better but so what. Far Cry hardly looks bad and those jungle environments looked really good and honestly better than Horizon in my opinion.

1 Like

Weapon customization looked fun. I wish this trailer was a bit longer and more in depth.

I thought both games look as good as they aim to be. People are obsessed with comparisons.

2 Likes

So, will this be 60fps on Series S|X like Valhalla and WD Legions?

did Legion get 60fps mode?

Very happy…Far Cry 6 looks great, combat/gameplay is pure Far Cry and not New Dawn RPG shit, has a voiced protagonist and guns for hire is gone!!! YES!!! Let’s go baby!!! Get me back to Far Cry 3 and 4…woohoo!!!

was announced for start of June iirc

1 Like

Soon

1 Like

did they also say if they would maybe do performance RT?

We are all waiting on this news as to what the actual 60fps entails.

I thought so too. It honestly looked better than I expected, probably due to the art style and location.

1 Like

Platform dominance. It’s what they want people to think, even though we don’t know the resolution yet, framerate and the version shown is far from final. Downgrades are still a possibility as it was already downgraded from last year showing. I can’t wait for the Halo Infinite comparisons as it will surely happen.

But back to the topic : the game looks great and a bit above Far Cry 5 which already looks so good on Xbox One X at 4K. I hope they will go with 60 FPS on Series S|X or at least let us chose between framerate and resolution.

The formula looks to be the same with deeper customisations. Backpacks as ultimate look fun to use. I like that it shows your character in third person when using it.

I just want to see the environments now, as they didn’t show much of that.

Grivel also spoke about supporting previous gen platforms. Far Cry 6 will be running in 4K/60 FPS on Xbox Series X and PS5 but “that doesn’t mean that the previous generation is abandoned in any way. We’re really, really cautious about that, so we’ll show more detail and more info very soon.

2 Likes

The day Ubisoft abandons this idea of wanting to ever expand the size of their open worlds is the day Splinter Cell can finally come back.

2 Likes

Music to my ears !