Fallout Season One | Review

This show definitely is worth the hype. There is a few issues I had with it, but unfortunately, I did expect to see that.

Hopefully season 2 will happen, because of that tease at the end.

Seeing as this show showed animals like Spoiler Warning: deer and chicken End Spoiler: does that mean they are canon now?

It has been renewed already :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is great to know, because I found nothing online about season 2 being greenlighted.

Loved it. Brilliant, mesmerizing, riveting, all the things that Westworld was. Nolan doesnā€™t miss :v:

4 Likes

Obviously I had to generate a few AI photosā€¦

3 Likes

This first season ended up being one of my favorite seasons of tv Iā€™ve ever seen. It went from me hoping itā€™d be good then completely obliterating my expectations. I think it being its own story in the universe really benefited it.

3 Likes

It is 100% in the same universe as the games. Itā€™s just set a little bit later than them

1 Like

Yeah sorry bad wording on my part. I just meant not retelling a story of one of the games and doing its own thing and even adding to the lore

6 Likes

Only a few episodes in so far but loving it. They nailed the gore and violence. Almost like they chose Bloody Mess as a perk.

1 Like

Jonathan Nolan has seriously been underappreciated for his work especially relative to his brotherā€™s acclaim, he was crucial and brilliant throughout his career and Iā€™m glad heā€™s starting to see more recognition.

2 Likes

Completely agree, I see the comparisons with TLoU and while I donā€™t like comparisons and I think that show is great and high-quality, so much of it is a retelling of an already laid out story structured like TV, the heavy lifting was done by Naughty Dog originally not the show/HBO, while this Fallout show is more a standalone extension of the universe thatā€™s done absolutely brilliantly and faithfully to the world and vibes of the IP, that takes immense hard work and brilliance from the creators.

9 Likes

Finished it now, really enjoyed it - the Vault where punishment was banishment but ā€œweā€™ll give you a few weeks of supplies and carry them out for you, weā€™re not monstersā€ genuinely had me laughing out loud.

8 Likes

I finished it on Saturday and itā€™s definitely one of the best TV series around, and my favourite videogame adaptation. Itā€™s really got me wanting to learn more about the Fallout universe, which Iā€™ve neglected for a long time, depite owning all the games!

3 Likes

Just started with the pilot.

14 minutes in and sheesh man, already loving it. You can feel the atmosphere, everything IS as it should be. You can see that the creators of this love the games, and paid attention to the smallest details. The vault looks fantastic too. The humor is on point and the main character, I already dig her. You could sayā€¦

I am not going to rush through this show at all!

4 Likes

100% one of the best things iā€™ve seen since Andor.

4 Likes

Goddamn, this is just so good.

The mudic, the sound overall, the acting, the story so far. The BoS looks awesome, they nailed this.

I legit got chills a few times during the pilot. I guess I love Fallout that much and seeing it done so well, absolutely against my expectations. I definitely get why a lot of people decided to go play the games again, shit, I want to too.

3 Likes

Haha, had that effect on me too. Installed all the games and started up F76 yesterday.

Iā€™m taking it slow too, watching an episode a day. I want it to last a bit.

1 Like

How are you liking 76 so far?

I played it a bit around launch, which was horrible. It has improved immensely since then! Lots of stuff to do so just trying to get my bearings atm, but itā€™s great so far.

3 Likes

Havent watch much yet but I am absolutely loving the 80s vibes I am getting from the visual design. Performances are surprisingly solid too.