Fallout New Vegas 2 is in "very early talks", according to Jeff Grubb and VGC

If Avowed is released in 2023 we might see it year later after TES6. Like for example in 2026, TES6 - 2025. Though Starfield and Avowed might be released relatively close to each other.

Though I am curious what engine they are gonna use? Creation Engine 2 seems like no brainer to get that BGS look and feel.

Best news :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

1 Like

Please please be true!!!

1 Like

Assuming Obsidian want to do it, its the perfect scenario

We get a new big FO game people have wanted for a decade an Todd gets to hold onto the main series

2 Likes

Branson is legit eerie. Like, genuinely no exaggeration it is weird in an uncomfortable way.

1 Like

If this is true and Obsidian wanted to make a direct sequel to New Vegas, I think that Denver (Dog Town / the Cursed City, nearly broke the Legion) and Colorado just days after the death of Caesar reaches the place (trigerring civil war and the Hangdogs to declare war on the Legion) would be the perfect place.

There is potential to create something epic. NORAD and Cheyenne Mountain, Rocky Flats Plant, the Garden of the Gods, Vault 0… and we don’t know what are the exact factions beyond north and east of Denver.

5 Likes

Give me Fallout California

1 Like

This is the dream. THE DREAM COME TRUE!

1 Like

Oh boy.

Who would develop this though ? What do Americans/English mean when they use “remaster” instead of “remake” ? Does it mean something like the Quake remaster (same graphics, same old engine) or Halo Anniversary 2 (that I would consider as a remake but people seem to consider it as a remaster so it’s confusing) ?

6 Likes

I wonder how they’re gonna handle these if its true. Outsourcing? Internal teams? I feel like they should try to get a remastering studio like how bluepoint operated

Guess they fall into “legacy” titles category, thus will be released everywhere.

Remake is like rebuilt from scratch, potentially modernized systems etc.

Remaster is the same game but with a new coat of paint. Things like higher res, frame rates, new textures, etc.

1 Like

I think this may be the Avowed teams next project.

Or it could be Avowed 2

Thats if they want to make a sequel straight away.

A combination of Obsidian and BGS Austin on a New Vegas sequel would be cool.

1 Like
2 Likes

Todd Howard: “nope, we won’t give them our IP”

Phil & MS (or at least I hope):

1 Like

I think Todd says yes or these discussions would not have happened

2 Likes
1 Like

What happens if Obsidian say they want to make a new Fallout?

Todd Howard essentially stopping them, thats not cool really.

2 Likes