Elden Ring |OT| Rise Tarnished & Become The Elden Lord (of the dance!)

I genuinely don’t know what class to be in this game. Samurai sounds cool. I usually always to a big two handed weapon build. Bastard sword and Claymore in Dark Souls is my favorite. Sekiro broke me of that and i honestly enjoyed how fast everything was.

Yeah I have no idea. Its kinda one of the things that irrationally puts me off, the thought of investing so much time into a class that might not be “me” that my frustrations get the better of me.

Having said that I do tend to like Bows and “quick movement” generally in most games so Samurai seems cool to me.

starting class really doesn’t matter as much tbh. They’re just stat differences and starting weapons will be different based on what you want but you’ll eventually be able to get those weapons no matter what class you go with, at least that’s what I know. This isn’t like Diablo where a Barbarian has his own movesets and abilities compared to Rogue or whatever. Those are character classes in a more distinct way.

Usually you go with strength based class you wanna weild massive slow weapons, and dex for general versatile medium speed weapons like your straight swords and spears and such (this is what most people pick in their first or only run). Mana based class if you want a lot more magic focus in your playthrough.

But I get you. Sekiro’s complete removal of any of these systems made the combat more streamlined and singular in its focus, didnt have to care about any of this. You either mastered the strike and deflect rhythm or you didn’t. But within that space existed so much fun and learning.

Prisoner looks fresh af + got the drip so imma go with him . :smirk:

1 Like

I obviously haven’t read the NDA, but isn’t confirming that a certain thing is under NDA usually also a breach of said NDA?

1 Like

2 Likes

So I just had a look at previous From Software Opencritic scores. And they usually score between 88-91. What are your Opencritic predictions? Do you guys think it will score even higher and will be their best game yet? I hope for 93!

Previous Opencritic Scores:

Dark Souls II - 88

Dark Souls III - 90

Bloodborne - 91

Sekiro - 90

my gut is telling me 92

1 Like

88-89

1 Like

I don’t have a open critic prediction but I do predict it will get mostly perfect 10’s from outlets like IGN and Game Informer.

1 Like

93 metacritic. Souls games are beloved by game journos.

92 . Book it .

1 Like

I usually don’t use magic classes that often in these games but maybe i’ll go with prophet in this one.

1 Like

It’s the digital guide that you get for pre-ordering the game.

1 Like

I feel the only thing outscoring Bloodborne is a Bloodborne PC port lol

But yeah it’s a hair margin at this level. 89-91 are very much likely. Wouldn’t go below 88, that much is clear IMO. But let’s not jinx it.

I thought Prisoner was the Deprived class in this game or is that still separate?

Feel free to reply to this post with any questions you’d like to see covered in the review so I can hit as many things people are curious about as possible. I’ll keep it spoiler-free like always.

1 Like

Highlighting any additions/changes which are designed to make the game more approachable to those of us who suffer due to ability/skill. Would be nice to see, especially if such things are “hidden” behind “insider knowledge”

Of course spoiler free :stuck_out_tongue:

The greatest thing about From’s Oeuvre for me has been the world building and atmosphere not its “difficulty”.

I’m hoping for some day 1 exploits that speed up the leveling. I’ve never played a souls game before so having something to make the game easier would be nice. Although if I’m being honest one of my favorite reasons for getting a game early is to take advantage of exploits before they are patched out. Forza Horizon Willy super wheel spins, Red Dead Redemption 2 gold cheat, Cyberpunk money exploits. I come from an era of Game Genie and Game Shark so things like extra money / stats are nice time savers.

Exactly.

this meme captures it pretty well lol. There are far more interesting things to emulate from their games, people (both gamers and devs trying to replicate their success or try their hands out on their kinda games) get too hung up on just its difficulty.

2 Likes