E3's digital event may be cancelled according to Jeff Grubb

I couldn’t care less about the ESA, they’ve screwed this up themselves with the amounts they’ve always charged companies. What I will miss is a more compressed time frame. With no overall organisation(Geoff’s just seems to be a show or two and then tweeting about the other shows) things just drag on when most of what’s shown is pretty dire. There’s only about a dozen games shown a year that excite me and spreading it out just doesn’t do it for me.

I liked the E3 because in one week most of gaming news of the year were announced, but it’s slowly dying since years, also, being from EU, the Pacific time has always been problematic for certain conferences. Anyway, it’s clear most publishers realized they can do their own digital thing without paying ESA, from this point of view Geoff’s persona and viewership related to his organisation has become a much more enticing offer than ESA, it’s not even debatable. The issue is thar his shows are often badly managed, also too many cringy ads/moments.

1 Like