E3 + Summer Game Fest |OT|

For me -

Ubisoft > all by far.

Didn’t watch Devolver, Summer Games Fest didn’t give me a single game I was interested in while Gearbox had Godfall going to the wrong console in the wrong generation. Koch Media was shit when I was watching it live but seemed like the last 15 minutes were decent. They also showed 7 minutes of gameplay for Scars Above which im very interested in.

So basically, loved Ubisoft while getting a few games from the Koch Media show that im interested in with the other three being nothing.

Tomorrow should be far better even excluding Xbox/Bethesda because I don’t see how Square Enix, PC Gaming Showcase and Future Games Show can be any worse than what I have watched thus far excluding Ubisoft.

1 Like

Ubisoft and Devolver were great, Gearbox was not. It was in fact garbge.

1 Like

I missed those largely due to the football but yeah, that Gearbox showcase could have literally been a blog post. The ‘jokes’ were the definition of tumbleweed as well.

Major leak breaking. You’ve been warned:

Xbox will have a great showcase.

3 Likes

#FAKE!

2 Likes

skeptical meshach taylor GIF

Look it’s @ProgStopper

4 Likes

Ubisoft has been the best show so far.

And Devolver could do with a bit less satire. They have good games. A complete E3 showcase as satire is entertainment, but not E3 material. Since they are Devolver they will get a pass there.

And Gearbox was just the purest form of garbage.

Edit: Only watch Ubisoft. No other publisher had a decent showing.

1 Like

I still can’t believe they announced a physical-only game

2 Likes

There is definite nonsense there that people have ignored. Like I said, we tend to brush a lot of nonsense by Devolver under the carpet.

That makes them an ideal Nintendo target. :wink:

Ubisoft did everything right.

Both the presenters, there transitions, dev interviews and trailers/gameplay was to the point always.

Won’t comment on the games they shared. I always remain neutral on what any publisher has to share.

2 Likes

So Rand thinks there’s an acquisition and Jeff doesn’t?

I think they are only discussing the lineup of games in the above tweet. Jeff Grubb mentioned his thoughts on acquisitions elsewhere.

Just a reminder: our next event is Square Enix at 3:15pm ET.

The Xbox & Bethesda Showcase (which starts at 1pm ET) has its own spoiler-free OT:

4 Likes

Title says next event in June 11th btw…not 13th. :wink:

2 Likes

Fixed, thanks! Those schedules are driving me crazy

2 Likes

Andy Cortez is underrated.

Oh shit, Square Enix show now. Still haven’t recovered from the Xbox show.

FH5 locked absolutely sick. This will consume all my time in from November 9 to the end of the year.

Holy shit!

1 Like