E3 officially back, with Xbox backing it

I’m sure it’ll be a separate show, Jeff Grubb said it. But Xbox should announce both shows schedule at the same time.

3 Likes

Didn’t bamco file a trademark for something like Bandai Namco Next that’s supposed to be a showcase of their own for sometime this spring? I might be mixing a few things up. They could always have their own event and have things show up at Xbox conference. I’d bet Battlefield is there even after it’s May reveal.

Hmm Nintendo and Xbox must have been paid well. Cause E3 was on the brink of death and Nintendo, Xbox kinda saved them for now.

On one hand, I love E3. On the other hand, MS really didn’t need E3. I honestly thought they did a good job with their own digital event in terms of format etc. Plus it gave the team less of a deadline to hit. Now they’ll be working with a set deadline again. Maybe they are confident enough that they’ll hit that easily meaning they’re on track with everything.

Overall though. I’m selfish. Meaning only around 2 months left for the big event instead of longer if MS had decided to do their own event. Let’s hope for a banger Xbox event. I’m hopeful.

1 Like

I’m really glad E3 is back.

13 Likes

Phil is totally right. Gaming wins when they all set aside differences for a bit and “compete” at about the same time. Drawing attention to gaming as a whole and attracting more investment and future gamers.

Usain Bolt could say he ran 100m in 7 seconds but if he did it all alone somewhere in Jamaica, nobody would rightly care. You have to do it in front of the cameras, against opponents. As it were.

4 Likes

Wait… Konami?

Is it their first E3 press conference since 2013?

1 Like

Metal Hills is finally happening! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Metal Gear Solid remake pleaseeeeee.

2 events for Xbox and Bethesda, with nothing but a quick toilet break for Phil in between.

I want ay least 3 hrs of nothing but people saying “Gamepass” at me.

With 8 major names signed up, Xbox and Bethesda are going to get a whole day to themselves. I know they usually went around the same time before, but this time they are ALL Xbox.

YES!

I really missed E3. Last year was a fucking mess.

4 Likes

I love me some E3! One of my favourite events of the year. Especially when you’re part of a community that celebrates new games instead of constantly complaining about them.

2 Likes

Must admit that im shocked as I truly thought E3 was dead as I always figured that publishers would simply do their own thing instead of paying to be part of the ESA’s E3.

This is better though and what I prefer. It’s weird that it starts on a Saturday and ends on a Tuesday. I would have expected it to start on a Thursday and end on a Sunday. Oh well.

I wonder if Microsoft’s showcases will be part of E3 or this is a separate showcase.

2 Likes

This is great news!

Xbox & Nintendo are both in. I’m happy :grin::+1:

I can see the Microsoft showcase going from 4pm EST to about 6pm EST with a 30 minute intermission/recap at 6pm EST and then the Bethesda showcase going from 6:30pm to 7:30pm EST or 8pm EST depending on how much Bethesda plans on showing.

10 Likes

@Sikamikanico think the servers will survive the Xbox + Bethesda megastream?

5 Likes

YESSS E3 is Back!

1 Like

I’m not ready.

1 Like

Yep, pretty confident.

5 Likes

Excellent.

Time to start stockpiling snacks.

1 Like