E3 is canceled per IGN

E3 should RIP.

Well this makes me feel better about the situation. I know E3 isnā€™t perfect and ESA needs to improve in many ways, but E3 has been a part of gaming for decades and Iā€™d prefer it stick around if possible.

1 Like

Agreed its always exciting to have all these announcements within 5 days of each other

1 Like

Surprised to see so much dislike for Geoff Keighley around here. I for one like the guy, and what heā€™s brought to gaming, and that heā€™s so dialed in and approachable and responsive. Also, I like the Game Awards, I like Gamescom Opening Night Live, and yes I also like Summer Game Fest.

And sure, I acknowledge that Summer Game Fest has until now been a bit of an odd beast, in that itā€™s been more a calendar of several events than an event in-and-of-itself. But it did start with the Kickoff, which was a proper event and did give us some worthwhile announcements. Plus, that aforementioned calendar was a handy thing to be able to reference as the summer went on.

I also think that in E3ā€™s absence, heā€™ll not waste any time in growing Summer Games Fest into a proper replacement. It remains to be seen how many changes heā€™ll have time to implement this year, but thereā€™s little doubt in my mind that itā€™ll just be getting better each year.

Looking forward to finding out more whatā€™s in store this year. As of right now we donā€™t know much, but Keighley has said itā€™s been in the works for 7 months and that theyā€™re planning some ā€œnew cool elementsā€ so we should expect at least some changes from last year.

Funny, I never knew that E3 only opened to the public in 2017. I never really thought Iā€™d be interested to go, but now Iā€™m really interested and the irony is itā€™ll never be held again. I guess I can look at other conferences.