E3 is canceled per IGN

https://twitter.com/dmc_ryan/status/1509604933724561410?s=21&t=juq6SK-rPQKJnoS8OYUcog

https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-2022-officially-canceled

After previously canceling its in-person E3 2022 event, the ESA has now informed its partners that there will be no digital event equivalent this year either - meaning E3 2022 has fully been canceled.

The news broke via a tweet from Razer PR lead Will Powers, who said that an email had been sent out announcing the cancellation of a digital E3 event. IGN has independently verified the contents of the email as well.

1 Like

And Geoff now becomes relevant

Bye having to wait until June for MS news :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello to MS’s July Showcase again :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This is sad and sadly means E3 most likely will be canceled permanently. I always enjoyed E3 and seeing company, after company showing what new games are coming out. The general audience reaction too, has always been a blast and unfortunately this won’t happen anymore.

2 Likes

1 Like

Man I loved E3, it was like an early Christmas for me :frowning:

This is what came to mind and I will be extremely disappointed if we have to wait another 3 months to see Starfield, unacceptable, Xbox better have their own June show, Idc just get it done.

1 Like

July? Why so late, why not June?

E3 with crowd reactions were not E3. I liked publisher dedicated events.

Hope Microsoft will come up with their own event as I don’t like SGF.

There’s no reason for them not to make it to June.

I think opportunities came with Geoff Keighley to prove himself more in the summer as TGA at the end of the year

this sucks

2 Likes

Well, here is hoping that something other than Geoff takes its place, because if everything goes through him now, Ill pass.

3 Likes

I think we can expect separate publisher showcases.

I don’t even trust Microsoft showing off any gameplay anymore regardless of how many of my favorite games come from XGS/Bethesda, I think we’re under the impression that games take faster to develop than they really do. I think we should expect a slower output of games than what some of our graphic images we make tell us.

It’s a lot of work to make these games.

They’ll have plenty of gameplay to show, just not fit every announced game.

1 Like

I hope so too, can’t stand him tbh.

2 Likes

I’m expecting Redfall and a small snippet of Starfield as the only new games to get shown off gameplay wise.

Lol a small snippet of Starfield?

You have gone off the extreme pessimism deep end.

8 Likes

They’ll do another teaser trailer like the first one!

This has to be a lack of interest from third and first parties if they cancelled even the online event