E3 is canceled per IGN

Doesn’t make a ton of sense to pay E3 for anything when you could just announce your show via a tweet

It depends on whether it gets delayed or not. Microsoft doesn’t force their developers to make gameplay demos for e3, didn’t they ask for State of Decay 3 and Avowed gameplay but Undead Labs and Obsidian turn them down (for last years e3?)

Could’ve sworn there were reports of Avowed gameplay reel being out there but they turned it down last minute.

No, they asked Obsidian for Outer Worlds 2 and Undead Labs was still in pre production.

What it needs to be is non profit and stop trying to nickel and dime everyone with those exorbitant prices for a show presence. But we know that won’t happen, thus this might be the end which is very disheartening

How many games that Microsoft announced are still in Pre-production?

It’s OK to have low expectations. Just means you’ll be happier if it’s a good show.

2 Likes

Unless cancelled.

But in-person E3 will easily revive E3.

It’s just so more appealing. Selfishly, I don’t care if it cost less to do it via digital, do it for reactions.

they should go full digital

1 Like

I was never truly expecting E3 to return because if you’re a publisher, why would you pay the ESA what is said to be six figures minimum to have a booth and/or showcase at E3 when the publisher can just hold it themselves while saving all that money and still accomplishing the same thing.

I’m not Keighley’s biggest fan but im hoping his Summer Game Fest for June is the second week and Microsoft’s showcase is within that week. As long as Keighley himself doesn’t host the show itself or even the pre-show, I will be very happy with a nice 2 hour digital only showcase. Being 2 hours is better than 90 minutes with a 30 minute pre-show in my opinion.

Looks like it’s returning properly next year with both physical and digital so that’s good. It was not the same without the people.

Besides the crowd reactions and the different vibe of in person events I also missed all the interviews on/off the showfloor, the reports from people at the site etc. It’s just not the same without it.

Looking forward to next year!

MAke smaller events and early. Why not one in April dedicated to certain games. nothing big just focusing on 1 or 2 games like a state of play. Bigger events in May June and July.

MS have so many studios and games…I don;t think a 1 off 3 hour event is viable.

It isn’t the same, but I have doubts whether it will ever be back, as I think studios have found out that they can save the money and market their games cheaper.

1 Like

This year its viable, maybe not next year when they have more games to show and Activision Blizzard.

:cry:

1 Like

Victor Lucas doesn’t get enough love and I wish he got some recognition and some spotlight. He has his Electronic Playground channel on YouTube but it doesn’t get enough views, criminally underrated. Kids nowadays want a kids entertainer to give them gaming news, this guy makes the industry seem credible.

2 Likes

i remember when Spencer quickly responded to the E3 2020 being cancelled news in Feb. or even when ESA announced E3 2021 being digital only. so it’s kind of strange to not seeing any comment from him so far.

1 Like

Very sad. I love E3 and how it allows people to play games that are being shown.