Dragon's Dogma II Coming To Xbox Series X|S

Set forth on your
grand adventure, Arisen!

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1661475229124956162?s=20

The deep, explorable fantasy world of Dragon’s Dogma… Dragon’s Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges players to choose their own experience – from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more.

On your journey, you’ll be joined by Pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players while on your own adventure.

All of these elements are elevated further by the latest in graphics, artificial intelligence (AI) and physics technology to create a truly immersive fantasy world in Dragon’s Dogma 2.

The story begins in an underground gaol where the Dragon’s voice echoes in the fog of lost memories.

Ascend, Arisen, and best me, in accordance with the dogma of this world.

Betwixt the domains of human and beastren, A hero must fulfill their forgotten destiny.

What dogma does your heart see through your eyes? ‘Tis a tale of one who shall slay the Dragon and claim the throne.

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1661480749873397761?s=20

14 Likes

Best announcement of the whole showcase. Magick Archer best class don’t @ me.

6 Likes

You won’t hear me complain. I played Magick Archer my first time around too lol.

2 Likes

Good to see the game progressing nicely.

Together with Strider the most broken class in the game.

1 Like

This trailer has given me life. It looks absolutely gorgeous. RE Engine continues to impress, I absolutely can not wait for this game.

This reminds me that I still have the original in my backlog ever since I got it for dirt cheap on Xbox (like 3,79€ iirc), so I will have to find the time to replay it before the sequel is out.

1 Like

I was Mystic Knight class. I still low key want Playground to copy DD combat and casting for Fable. Mystic Knight was pretty much the fable hero done a lot better. Also this game is day zero! Hoping the pawn system is still in!

3 Likes

That is confirmed, per the official website.

5 Likes

Cool! Looking forward to constantly being told during battles that wolves hunt in packs!

6 Likes

The first game had some extremely cool ideas that were held back by both hardware and development/budget issues + Capcom struggling at the time. It was like a very proto-Elden Ring in a way. The concept material that was shown for the game showed that it was supposed to be a MUCH more expansive game, actually ending with going to the moon!

Anyway, I think this sequel will be a much more realized version of what Capcom was trying to accomplish with DD1. Very excited.

4 Likes

In Itsuno I trust!

3 Likes

Also, the music in this trailer… :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Best announcement of the whole showcase for me! It looks so great!

4 Likes

The character creation tool has gone live on the Xbox store but I can’t figure out how to download it. I’ve got the standard edition of the game pre-ordered (thanks Rewards points!). Is the tool only available for the deluxe edition?

Is this it? I’ve been reading that it’s supposed to be free. I don’t have a Series console so I can’t check if this’ll download.

3 Likes

Hope all is well with you @Hearthian :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I just picked up the first Dragon’s Dogma for a few euros on the store (it’s on sale). I recommend anyone interested in the sequel should perhaps do the same.

Anyone buying this on day one?

I really wish this had co-op. Those battles would have been awesome with friends.

1 Like

Plan to buy it when I’m done with Persona 3, which I am starting this weekend. So probably relatively near day one?

2 Likes

I still haven’t played the first one though I bought it on sale after someone here recommended. So I’m more likely to buy on day 400 or whatever. Got too much to play for new stuff right now.

1 Like