Dragon's Dogma II Coming To Xbox Series X|S

Dont need to play the first one. Just jump right onto this

Nah, I’m doing my best this year to play stuff I’ve previously bought. If it’s good I’ll pick it up eventually.

Thats fine but my point is dont bother wasting time plying the first now.

Hiya friend!! :grinning:

I was hoping Dragon’s Dogma Online would release in the west but it never happened. Died a few years after it released.

3 Likes

I had no Idea that even existed. Wow.

Didn’t the first one have full co-op?

Nah it was exactly like the second game that’s releasing. You only have pawns, no co-op. People wanted to play the first game with friends so they made DDO. Im not sure what exactly killed it but im sure running an MMO isn’t easy.

2 Likes

Already have my retail copy pre-ordered!

Also it may not have co-op but don’t write off the pawn system, it’s what makes the game unique and in the sequel it looks even more interesting.

Can’t wait to play this! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Gameplay-wise this really is fantastic so far, and such a huge step up from DD1. One of the prettiest games of this gen imo.

Performance though? For the first few hours I thought the framerate was perfectly acceptable and that some reviews were exaggerating (an IGN reviewer apparently had to switch to PC because the framerate was so bad it gave them motion sickness) but having arrived at Vernworth myself, I’m actually feeling a little rough myself. For such a central location you’ll spend so much time in, the framerate is pretty tough to tolerate.

Everyone is simulated, so even on my PC where I get a locked 120fps in the open world I could go down to 35 in town

Yeah, that makes sense. I was hoping for some kind of resolution toggle or performance mode, but if it’s a CPU bottleneck I’m guessing it wouldn’t benefit much from such an option. Ah well. Didn’t stop me enjoying BOTW. Won’t stop me enjoying this.

Been playing this on series s…its not as bad as i thought it would be

1 Like

https://x.com/yautrek/status/1771449302402953339?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Ok, stuff like this is why this game is getting Skyrim free pass. Whether it’s buggy, performance hell, or whatever, gameplay and moments like this make it worth it.

It’s “buggy” because it doesn’t fake anything, it’s all simulated and emergent and incredible

5 Likes

Just reached Battahl and I’m loving the game. If I have a main disappointment, it’s that the roster of large monsters is rather limited so far. I’m regularly running into the same monsters: cyclops, ogre, minotaur, golem, griffin, drake, and once some nightwraith thing. I was hoping they’d improve on the original DD in this respect, but I suppose, if anything, it’s even tougher today to provide a bigger line up of monsters, what with how much work must go into designing and animating them.

Oh, and I hope the DD2 and Monster Hunter teams are sharing tech and development ideas. Monster Hunter Wilds running on this engine would be quite something.

1 Like

How is the world so far? In the footage they shown I thought it looked all a bit samey, and that would be a shame. Is it diverse?

It’s incredibly beautiful, but not very diverse, no. I’ve only just arrived in a new part of the map which is very different to the abundant grassy, wooded landscapes of the earlier game, but I suspect it’s the second of only two main biomes. Hopefully I’m wrong.

1 Like

Just learned this is yet another game with a single save slot. That kills it for me. No way I’m buying a new game, risking a bug, and have no list of saves to fall back on. Ridiculous. From what I heard, an autosave will overwrite your hard save. If something happens and that save gets corrupted, or a quest gets bugged, you’re screwed. NO THANK YOU! Maybe when it comes down under $20 I’ll bite. I’m not living that heartbreak again. LOL. $20 and work all the bugs out maybe.

1 Like