Don't buy an Elite Series 2, the build quality is shocking

The Scuff ones. But I am not sure if they are still available.

1 Like

Well I gave it a few days, and as amazing as it feels Iā€™m going to have to send it back. The left thumbstick is ā€œstickingā€ or something on the inside. It takes noticeably more pressure to push the thumbtick toward ā€œSouthEastā€ than any other direction. I didnā€™t really notice at first just thought it was the spring pulling it back to centre, but once I loaded up Destiny rather than Yakuza, I noticed it right away.

Shame really, but its way too much money to spend on something that Iā€™m not 100% happy with. For a fraction of the price I could get a new Version design Lab one in the most garish pink they do :slight_smile: Thanks for the help all, and my advice to anyone trying first, try a variety of games to make sure.

:frowning:

Canā€™t argue with that!

Iā€™m sure Xbox has heard the feedback on these devices. I actually expect them to come out with an updated V3 for the series consoles. If MS tweaks these types of issues and adds in their standard series X changes (like how easy the bumpers are to use now!), they may be worth another look for you! I know Iā€™d be willing to get one and use my new V2 as my spare/backup controller. Maybe it would be a better investment for you by then too.

Good news is how great the standard controller is! High praise coming from a controller snob like me. I hope things work out for you.

Yeah, TBH its wasnā€™t that big a thing it was noticeable yes, but I probably could have gotten used to it, Iā€™ve gotten used to previous controllers and a squeak here or a grind there. But this was twice the price of a ā€œregularā€ controller and frankly Ā£150 is way too much to ā€œmake doā€.

The standard controllers are lovely, and my designlab one lasted 2 years before the rubber started to come off the sides. Iā€™m happy to have tried one but the same price would get me a game and a new pink v2 standard. The paddles are great but not great enough, especially if I can use Mouse and keyboard.

I tried a standard Xbox One controller yesterday after using a Xbox Series controller and itā€™s night and day. The Series controller is easily my favorite Xbox controller so far.

1 Like

Update to my OP. I eventually bought another Elite controller and itā€™s been working fine, however today the battery indicator turned solid orange, which indicates that it needs a charge. Yet, the battery is still half full according to the indicator on the guide. And itā€™s only been about 20 hours from the last charge.

Is this normal? Thanks.

This isnā€™t new to me. Iā€™ve frequently had multiple controllers (AA and OEM battery packs) show mid charge on the guide for hours then shut down. Or theyā€™ll stay in red for hours and keep going.

I just ignore the guide on the battery life. I play until Iā€™m done or the battery is then I charge them (or plug them in until I can stop and charge).

1 Like

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve posted to this thread yet but if I had it would have been to say Iā€™d had no problems with my elite 2 which was true until after I completed my play through of Ass. creed viking. At which point the RB became unresponsive only taking input on a hard button click on far right end (nothing on left at all).

So went to devices to arrange warranty repair and it just (in edge not chrome) gives a response to bumper fault to call or chat support which is easier said than done as all relevant options lead to no phone or chat support available for this issue.

If anyone finds themselves in a similar position then hit the button for Xbox gamer community chat where after answering a few questions on the issue a helpful cahp called Gerald (thanks Gerald if youā€™re reading this) was able to provide a direct link to support chat who arranged an exchange in minutes.

Fantastic support once i got through to the right people, pretty poor experience getting there (do not tell me to call or chat and then tell me call and chat is not available for my issue!)

1 Like

I got mine on launch a year ago, had one issue with the bumpers but it was an easy fix. Other than that itā€™s been perfect. I honestly canā€™t imagine using anything else for any dual joystick shooter.

Agreed, difficult to return to a standard controller now, great bit of kit, which makes me all the more grateful it went pop with 1 week left on warranty rather than 1 week after it expired :slight_smile: .

1 Like