Do you think Starfield, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Doom, and all other Bethesda IP will be Xbox/PC exclusive? Why or why not?

I get that sense as well. First there was the initial shock that Microsoft cannot possibly make IPs like Elder Scrolls a platform exclusive due to leaving money on the table, but now some are realising that’s exactly what is going to happen because there is a longer game at play. Also, this notion that Microsoft needs to recoup the $7.5 billion right away does not add up. That money was just sitting there incurring interest, Microsoft doesn’t need to recoup it right away. What it will do is further their strategic goals and increase revenues in the long term.

4 Likes

Why does mobile and PC have to be the same color in Tweet #5? :joy:

It’s on purpose. It’s not the original graph. I believe the changes were made by Colteastwood in order to represent the market potential that Microsoft is now covering (PC, Mobile with xCloud, and some part of console).

This is the video:

At 7:52 he starts looking into the pie graph.

I think all the single player stuff is going to be Xbox/PC/GP. I think they keep the GaaS online things like ESO on Sony’s machines, if Sony doesn’t balk at the idea.

1 Like

Ya! :sweat_smile:

Only thing I understood was that the conosle market is 28% and hasn’t grown much.

There are three possible scenarios!

1. Only the games which are sequels may come to PS/ninetedo.

2. Also, those games will come after a timed exclusivity.

3. Games which already have some legal contract will definitely come to other consoles.

’ case by case ’ basis comment does make things a little complicated but timed exclusivity is absolutely given.

So indeed being exclusive?

Yes. They are system sellers. People would sign up to PC gamepass for these games if they don’t want an Xbox console. Bethesda games are PC staples so it’s huge from them on PC as well. These games will be Xbox, Gamepass and Steam releases.

Seriously Colt’s videos have INSANE production value

2 Likes

When just announced I thought, yeah they’ll continue to put those games as multiplats, but the more I’ve read and heard from Phil I’m pretty sure they’re just going to be on be on the combo of Xbox and pc/steam/EGS. Really great move to lock all that content in as it might be getting a lot more competitive for content in the coming years.

Yep! I love his videos and he has an awesome deep voice

1 Like

Yeah I can just imagine next e3 where they are showing the new trailer for Elder scrolls or Starfield, and at the end say “coming to Xbox/PC and PlayStation”

Can you imagine the biased journos/newsites headlines. “No need to buy an Xbox lol” “PlayStation the best place to play” etc,etc.

I’m sure MS would love all these headlines and blowback from the Xbox community!

It’s not happening…

1 Like

That quote isn’t about the games, it’s about the studios. You can expect to see it misquoted constantly in the coming days ,even though the games will almost certainly be exclusive based on lots of other evidence mounting now.

I am just waiting for the inevitable trailer for Starfield but just before it we hear those famous words “Xbox exclusive!” lol.

I know how they will proceed, imagine the beautifull kickass trailer with gameplay and incredible graphics. People being stunned and hype…Then at the end…ONLY ON XBOX/PC/CLOUD

Then drink the tears!

1486613075-rage

1 Like

Phil definitely made sure they are in an interesting situation. Next E3 or whenver they decide to show games, pretty much everyones eyes will be glued to their conference waiting for an answer. Judging by the amount of sites putting up articles about the exclusivity, the announcement will be as much a shock as this one no matter the outcome.

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty much 1-way relationship now because Switch has already outsold XBox One in 3 less years. If XBox suddenly starts selling way better and Game Pass explodes to 50 million users Nintendo might consider throwing 1 game over.

And yet, it will only be a shock because they somehow convinced themselves Microsoft could possibly not make the IPs exclusive lol.

The fact that people are even debating it must surely tell Microsoft that people must awfully like the IPs. That seems like an awful lot of leverage to to drive growth into your service lol.

1 Like

Be ready guys!