Do you pay the standard Xbox Game Pass price?

The other thing to keep in mind is you may be better off to let it expire entirely and try the conversion upgrade again. Thats a 1:1 conversion compared to 4:1 conversion.

After your GPU expires, load up on cheap “Xbox LIVE Gold” ($42 to $60 for 12 months) then do a GamePassUltimate upgrade for as cheap as you can find, maybe $1 maybe $15.

That’s true. But does the conversion to Ultimate still apply? I thought that was just for around E3 2019? I haven’t seen anyone post that since then.

Lol no. Did two years of conversion for $80 and then ms rewards for the rest.

Converted to ultimate in about mid 2019 with the $1 option. Subbed til mid 2022 with that. I’ve won a 1 month code here and there from local comps and I’ll probably start redeeming MS reward points for game pass when it’s about to run out.

1 Like

I gladly pay the Ultimate price every month. It’s such a good service and saves me an absolute fortune.

2 Likes

As long as the option is there I will always take cheapest way but if Microsoft would stop this I would also gladly pay monthly. Especially in the future with all the first party stuff.

2 Likes

No sir. My $1 conversion brought me to August 2020 (I paid like $37 for 1 year of XBL Gold before that) and then I stacked multiple 3 month XGPU at 50% off from a Best Buy Canada and EB Games Canada sale to take me to June 2022. I have never paid full price for XGP.

1 Like

I have ultimate on auto renewal. I can’t blame people for looking for deals but it’s beyond a fair price so I just set it and forget it.

1 Like

Stacked until october, 2023.

1 Like

I have two subs, one on my Series X which I share with one of my brothers, and then I have another sub shared between two of my kids consoles. I flip between paying full price on both whenever I forget to pay attention and sometimes I get deals.

1 Like

I only did the gold conversation trick for a year, so I cant do it again, so I have to pay full price. However im still happy paying it, its a great service.

Absolutely not, I Would not pay full price currently, I don’t get guaranteed time to game as it is. As time goes on though…

That said I am stacked until Sept 23 (I think) when I see a good deal (like we saw the other week) I’ll grab a handful of codes, I’m hoping I can just keep doing that :slight_smile:

Yep totally, its night and day from what I’ve seen. I still get annoyed by those saying “MS is not just American Centric” So many little things since 360 days we either don’t get here or get the “light” version. Boo!

1 Like

I’m good until 2023 and have been stacking the 3 month cards when they go on sale on Black Friday and Boxing Day. Best Buy, Costco and Amazon all usually have them on sale around the holidays.

I plan on using Reward Points as well.

Yes.

1 Like

Yup, I do this too. The conversion offered is what lured me in, I got the 3 years early last year, before I even got an Xbox, because I figured the deal was good enough I could waste a year and get a Series X and still come out on top. I cracked and bought a One X after a month :laughing:

I figured it was a good investment at the time, and I was so so right. I lost my job soon afterwards and didn’t have to put my favorite hobby on hold. The MS Rewards system can’t be overappreciated (unless you’re not in the US :frowning: ). It helped me get a Series X at launch without breaking the bank, and the rebates section even lets me get some money back from buying games. My biggest personal expense turned into keeping an alert set up for deals on GPU and using rewards points to buy games I want to support and reward for releasing on Xbox.

The one-two punch of Game Pass and my money going a much longer way fully converted me from PlayStation to Xbox. The ecosystem advantages like cloud saves and BC have locked me in for the foreseeable future.

This is what I do. That way when there isn’t something I want to play I don’t bother to spend a card. I’m currently good for at least one and a half years, and more likely two or more

sometimes yeah in the past. Now i have 18 months left.

Yeah some months I have enough on rewards for it. I’ve got it till about July I think.

Nope. I took advantage of the upgrade to ultimate back in August 2019 and now I’m maxed out until July 2022.