Do you pay the standard Xbox Game Pass price?

Do you pay the standard Game Pass price?
  • Yes, I pay the standard Game Pass price (whether it is Ultimate or not, or whether it is monthly, yearly or every 3 months), I’m a good kid :angel:
  • No, I use Gold convertion/CDKeys/G2A or other stuff to pay less :smiling_imp:

0 voters

I’m just curious about this.

1 Like

I stocked up a full year for $80 on Black Friday.

I’m stacked till 2022 July

1 Like

Yes. I’m dumb or just lazy, but probably both ! :laughing:

3 Likes

I get it for free. Microsoft Rewards is great, people, at least for those in the US. Doesn’t feel legal, but somehow, it is.

3 Likes

Newegg/ Best Buy/ Amazon have had deals for half price every so often, so I have a few years of codes. I did do the 3 year conversion as well

Lol rewards is a joke in Germany. You get like max 2€ per month

4 Likes

I will probably eventually start buying through here as well. Currently using it to get discounted money to spend at Microsoft / Xbox instead. Absolutely love it.

1 Like

I think most people (out of the 18 million, I mean) pay full price, since a lot of people are more casual players and I think those people can’t be bothered to find out about the Gold convertion or sites like CDKeys etc.

But I think a lot of more Hardcore Gamers™ - like us in this forum - probably know about Microsoft Rewards, the Gold Convertion and follow people like Wario64 who share Game Pass sales and stuff like that.

I have to say I know about those methods to save money but I can’t be bothered lol, I pay full price.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Microsoft actually gets money somehow with Microsoft Rewards or is it only to try to make people use Bing and other stuff? Maybe they do earn some money with Bing ads when you use Microsoft Rewards right?

My assumption was always that it’s a way to get some users to become loyal to Bing for searches so that they then get higher ad revenues. Essentially the few cents here and there are a cut of the revenue to get you to use it for everything.

The rebates program that’s linked from Microsoft Rewards seems like it’s an api usage of Rakuten or similar, and they get affiliate referral dollars for sending the traffic. In exchange, you can get some agrees upon percent.

1 Like

I see, so they do make money with Rewards. Thanks.

1 Like

Indirectly, from searches. But yes.

1 Like

I did the 3 year converstion thing but I always top up when they’re on sale, If the sales went away currently I would be completely happy with paying for price.

1 Like

Bumping so the poll gets more votes :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I filled up to 3 years when they announced gpu and had the conversion deal, and I’m still with over 2.5 years left due the Ms rewards.

But I left it on auto renewal. If I ever let it expire it will likely charge the full price.

1 Like

i have the recurring billing for office365 so i just added it to that win account :man_shrugging:

i started doing the MS rewards tho, but they’re kinda limited here

1 Like

I stocked up during the initial $1 conversion deal but honestly, once that runs out I have zero issue paying the $15/month. Well worth it regardless.

I’d have no qualms paying $180 a year for Game Pass Ultimate. The first year XGP was released it saved me $120 since I was able to cancel two pre-orders. It’s only gotten better since then.

I was stocked up for ~2 Years of Gold (Bing Rewards), had some normal Game Pass (Bing Rewards), paid the $1 conversion to GPU, and now I restock using Bing Rewards.

I usually get 3 months ultimate from Shopto usually <£25, and keep it topped up. I guess it’s slightly more saintly than using key resellers.

1 Like