Do you believe that Sony allows the Game Pass on the Playstation?

On the one hand it would kill the Xbox as hardware, becoming a publisher. Sony would dominate the sale of desktop consoles.

On the other hand, sony will allow mIcrosoft to access its base. Delivering a service that sony does not currently offer in the same way.

On the one hand it would kill the Xbox as hardware, becoming a publisher. Sony would dominate the sale of desktop consoles.

On the other hand, sony will allow mIcrosoft to access its base. Delivering a service that sony does not currently offer in the same way.

Damaging sales and even subscriptions.

No. /Thread.

19 Likes

No lol. The risk of Gamepass acting as a trojan horse would be far too big of a risk for Sony.

3 Likes

I doubt it. GamePass containing third party games affects Sony’s revenue and GamePass is bound to Xbox Live with save etc. Would be a mess.

2 Likes

Well, Microsoft would still need consoles seeing as the Series X are being put into blades to put into Azure Data centers for Xcloud. So I believe no matter what Microsoft will keep making and selling consoles.

It is interesting though. I think Microsoft is focused on ios, Windows 10, an app for tvs, fire stick, roku, their own steaming stick, etc before getting to Playstation. They’re going for the widest audience possible, phones, tvs, there are a 100 million or so playstation consoles. It could happen one day but I think it will be years before we see Gamepass on Playstation.

It will take time. Maybe when Gamepass is actuall 50 or maybe 70 million strong already. The Gamepass games need to be in demand before this happens.

Will they block their browser from accessing xCloud, Stadia or Luna? This could be interesting.

Absolutely not.

Imagine Microsoft saying that you can buy Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and its DLC on the PlayStation store, giving Sony the cut of that sale, and we’ll honor that purchase and let you play the Xbox version on Xbox. It makes zero sense and will never happen.

1 Like

No.

What they will do is make their own version with PSNow once they have bled their fanbase dry and it’s time to switch models. A PsNow with PlayStation exclusives day 1 would destroy Game Pass (if Xbox is not serious and Bethesda stays multiplat).

1 Like

Now? No. I do think within the next 5 years they may well have little choice.

no.

PS5 doesn’t have a browser from what I remember Sony saying. At least for now.

5 Likes

IIRC, Sony PS5 does not have a web browser.

2 Likes

Yes possible, but only by a cloud app not natively. At this point Xcloud is on tv and it would make no difference. However Sony would not allow this.

I’m going to say no.

More importantly, if Microsoft was to actually put Game Pass on PlayStation, then bye bye Xbox. I no longer need to invest in your console, brand or eco-system. Seriously, Microsoft needs to stop be so God damn fucking stupid.

There’s two options - you either keep your brand and eco-system OR you go third party and publish your games everywhere because if THAT is the ultimate goal then why are you in the hardware business to begin with? Better off just ending it.

2 Likes

I expect XCloud app at most on Playstation.

Oh no you have awaken🤣

4 Likes

The fun thing is that if it was MS from 90s it would go to great lengths to destroy Playstation console once and for all with the exclusivity deals, purchases and so on. It would be extremely aggressive. I mean, in the past the favourite entertainment of Ms was the endurance race - make enemy bleed more money than you

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahaha. That’s true too. Just woke up about 30 minutes ago.

All joking and bullshit aside, im at the point where Microsoft MUST be 1000% committed to the Xbox brand, eco-system and the fan base. If not, they can just fuck off.

I’m so sick and tired of seeing Sony and Nintendo be 100% loyal to their fanbase even if it means screwing them over here and there while Microsoft wants to be more loyal to those fanbases than their own. It drives me nuts because at that point, there’s no reason to have hardware or your own eco-system because everything you have would be available everywhere else.

Seriously hope Microsoft does what is best for THEIR OWN fan base for once.

4 Likes

Thursday we know

1 Like

This gen - just like the previous one - will be very important because it will create attachment to the ecosystems. Which is very important. Last generation is already hard for some PS4 owners because they don’t want to lose their libraries, yet at the same time some of the regret their purchases on PS, due to better backwards compatibility on Xbox.

MS can use that.