Disco Elysium: The Final Cut |OT| Politics Politics Politics

Sooo, how’s the game play on console? I was worried it wouldn’t translate too well what with all the reading.

Doesn’t it have VO now with the Final Cut version? Or are you referring to something else?

The voice acting is fabulous and snappy so its neither awful to listen to or a slog versus the reading.

In terms of movement and so forth like @ThereAreFourNaan says, left stick to move right to highlight an object and A to interact. That last being my least favorite part of the game (not enough to cause much stress though) since you can be stood right next to something and not be able to highlight and click it, you need to “step back”. It was a little jarring to start with but I’ve gotten used to it now.

3 Likes

The only movement issues I have is sometimes when you click on something to analyze, while your character auto walks to the desgnated spot he can bump in to things, or people that will interupt what he’s doing and you have to click it again, or position yourself manually before clicking

Not a big deal though. Especially in a game like this. And like Cerys said the voice acting is sublime

2 Likes

As opposed to all the positive forms of fascism? Hmmm.

Anyway, been waiting on this one since the PC release was praised so highly in certain circles, will pick it up as soon as I cash in some of MS rewards points. Glad to hear the new voice acting is up to par.

1 Like

I think he meant is a form of fascism

Welcome to the forum @pobrecito

I played a little more and I just love it, the levelling system and how it affects choice failures took me a little getting used to being seeing increases make a difference o how often certain parts of you id start talking to you is just wonderful, its possible its the greatest RPG ever.

Achievements are screwed though. I did not get any even though I completed the game before reviewing it.

There’s no need for that. Also, mob mentally? I sure as hell don’t see this site as that, that’s what I appreciate so much, it’s why I say goooooood riddance to RE.

What is this from?

Back on topic, yet another game that I would just buy had it not been for a big backlog that really needs to get some attention. The same with Tales of Arise, but it can wait!

But Disco Elysium does appeal to me, even if it’s for the fact that there’s no combat. I find that quite refreshing actually.

1 Like

Lord of the Flies. It was the most stylistic artwork related I could find. Seemed apropos.

1 Like

Cool art. I thought it was from a anime or animated movie perhaps.

I had the fucking conch

:stuck_out_tongue: