DigitalFoundry - Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Next-Gen Analysis

It’s a bit embarrassing yes, but it’s not exactly full doom and gloom.

But they have had 7 years to plan for this launch so it is pretty disappointing that this last year with COVID has been so critical for them on all fronts.

They really need to prioritise getting the tools up to scratch for devs to take advantage of the hardware.

As I said it’s not the end of the world, but playing assassins creed for a couple of hours at launch and now having to wait for a patch to stop the screen tearing is a big disappointment.

2 Likes

Not a fan of posting screenshots from private messages on a public forum thread. Regardless of source.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that way. I assure you I am not. I am a huge Xbox fan who is tired of being let down.

1 Like

No. And it shouldn’t be flagged either as both John and Richard have spoken about the topic already.

2 Likes

It’s public info at this point. Rich and John have both talked about it publicly in their other vids.

1 Like

One of the reasons we made this forum was to get away from the hyperbolic overreaction and “concern” that plagues many other forums.

It is okay to be dissapointed that the XSX has some issues in a game but that doesn’t mean you need to resort to doom and gloom.

This is the first week of the generation and performance isn’t any indication of how the generation will turn out. We have heard from multiple sources that the Xbox tools are still in development so you’re not really going to see the best of this console at the start.

16 Likes

You sure? People are saying AstralX or whatever his name is on Twitter doctored it.

You can provide the source of where they publicly state this not private conversations.

1 Like

‘Ppl are saying’… >.>

If you listen to John speak enough, you can tell those are his words. He has talked publicly (as has Richard) about this exact topic before. It isn’t a mystery.

1 Like

Alright alright. I just want to make sure. It’s going to be a rough few months until everything gets sorted and while I’m trying to ignore everything, I would like to use that every now and then.

To have it be fake news would be really bad.

1 Like

It’s kind of impressive that Xbox Series console, even without proper dev kit, can brute force (ah ah) game performance to reach a point Series X perform close to PS5 with far more mature tool.

PS5 is really good, but Series X in time will show result even better in true next gen games.

6 Likes

I’ve asked John about it just now and he confirmed it was real, fwiw.

1 Like

Parity isn’t what i meant here!

Don’t know why you replied with this.

It’s clearly tools, APIs and and drivers at fault here.

1 Like

Yes, sadly you cannot have people overreacting, fear mongering and hating, it is a part of human nature only exacerbated by anonymity of social media. It is also so difficult to tell actual concern apart from concern trolling nowadays. We should all try to be better.

1 Like

Okay but unless he tells you its okay posting private conversations isn’t a good idea.

1 Like

BREAKING: Next-gen console with under-optimized SDK loses frame-rate war!

News at 11.

3 Likes

Please, avoid asking him about this kind of stuff right now, currently, he and all DF team must be at the center of a fanboy shitstorm. We’ll see soon enough new things about the dev kit and result in the coming weeks and months.

John is already enraged by all the console warriors stuff, if we can avoid him being asked about this kind of stuff, the better.

Do you have proof of that proof?

I don’t want to be an asshole man. I just want to make sure that if it’s real, then I can have some expectations for the future.

It’s fine, really. He doesn’t mind the question and it’s not the first time I’ve chatted with him about this stuff.

1 Like

Ok cool, that’s good to hear :wink: