Diablo IV Beta Discussion

Having never played a Diablo game before, I must say this game is freaking amazing. Perhaps I should check out doable 3 or Diablo 2 remastered lol.

Anyway I’m a level 17 barbarian right now. Interested in rouge and Druid as well, but probably not enough time to dive into them. Game is massive, combat is smooth and stellar. Story is strong as well.

Can’t believe this game might launch on gamepass in a few months.

1 Like

It’s growing on me.

This evening I started with a mage and I find this so much more fun than barbarian. Still not necessarily a game I would buy day one, but part of the reason is also the very high chance of it coming to Game Pass, since things are looking good.

I’d be surprised if it doesn’t land on the service once the deal succeeds.

A few things I don’t like though are how they are very early on are reusing interiors for some smaller indoor areas, immediately noticed it. But also in a bigger dungeon type of area I saw the exact same areas multiple times, I honestly find this a bit lazy.

At one point I had cleared a certain dungeon. I enter a nearby village, and this guy asks me for journals that I can find in that dungeon I just cleared, come on now.

Also, i don’t find the beta challenging at all, it’s actually quite easy. Is this just because it’s early game?

I played enough of the beta to know this game is amazing. I cant wait. I feel like its going to be by GOTY and hard for starfield to top. Im also a big Diablo fan

1 Like

Diablo is sort of repetitive by nature. The main focus of the game is “make the numbers go up” by finding better equipment. Many of those smaller dungeons are just there to clear and get loot and are randomly generated so they end up looking mostly the same. During the beta they probably don’t have that “random map generator” utilizing all the options it can/will in the final game.

Diablo is easy overall the challenge will come with bosses and random elite enemies that have special attributes. Eventually you’ll run into enemies that have skills you aren’t protected against and they can wipe you out. Anyway, the game is more of a arcade-ish, high score, fastest clear, type of game in the end.

1 Like

Why in the world are people complaining about balance in this game? Since when is balance supposed to exist in an arpg 1/4 into the game, if that? Like calm down balance is supposed to exist in the end game, that’s hard enough to do.

1 Like

Ah I see. I hope that’s the case then because even story dungeons have copy and pasted areas, it’s a bit of a shame.

For the mage, what do ya’ll find some really good skills? What is a very fun build?

My goodness, I have been addicted to this game all weekend. I played through the campaign of Diablo 3, but this one is so much more fun to me. I completely agree with the takes that they really nailed the world building and mood of this one compared to Diablo 3.

1 Like

Finished the beta just now. Level 22 mage. Liked it more than I thought.

I really do hope the final game doesn’t have these copy and pasted areas, I really noticed quite a few of those. Nowadays you got things like procedurally generation and what not, this shouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

I only played a druid up to lvl 8 to have a sneak peek, don’t want to spoil myself any more than that and will play the game in june.

Fingers crossed for a Gamepass release, but otherwise I’ll get my money’s worth anyway.

i’ll probably use my MS rewards points to buy the Ultimate edition since i don’t know when they will drop it into GamePass plus i have a friend who is buying the Ultimate Edition and The Sorcerer is fun just got to find what works and synergy and my luck during the beta was insane having 4 legendary was cool.

1 Like

I played about 30 mins earlier and dint know what I was doing. Lots of smashing skeletons but it all was the same room it felt like.

I got to a boss and got smashed a lot. Guess I missed the bit about how health works.

It looks incredible. I am interested, but not getting enough time to try it out. Didn’t know it was an online game, either.

Also note in Diablo it can be a bit “samey” for each area. Diablo usually has different acts which are basically different “biomes”. So in the full game there will probably be a desert area, jungle area, etc…

That’s nice. That along with hopefully more variety in many of these dungeons and very little of the copy and pasted areas in them would go a long way. We’ll see what the reviews say about it.

Or we find out ourselves (in my case if it’s on GP) around that time. Depends on when the deal closes, and then assuming they waste no time by adding it. :slight_smile:

Jez posted the Beta map compared to the full map

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1640419607977574411/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1640419607977574411|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

3 Likes

I discovered the limits of the beta map when I tried to run over to where it was telling me to go to do a class quest for the Barbarian and suddenly I was getting warnings about exiting the playable zone :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

One of the best demo’s I played in a while. Loved the whole demo it just looked and sounded so good and was so much fun to play . Looked really nice on the Series X too

Welp I might have to buy this

3 Likes

I probably asked this before but want to make sure -

I know the game is a shared open world but since I play solo, when are the other human players visible? Is it everywhere all the time or is it just at towns/villages? Thanks.