Diablo IV Beta Discussion

Really enyoing the demo myself

Ok thanks Iā€™ll give the video a watch. It is really noticeable on my LG OLED in this demo. Particularly bad in cut scenes. It also has the same problem that Diablo 3 had where it dims the screen while youā€™re playing.

Overall really impressed with the beta. I took a Barbarian from 1 to 20 and almost completed the first plot quest chain.

Friday was hell for trying to get on, but by late Friday and throughout the rest of the weekend I did not see a single queue. I was able to login whenever I wanted without issues.

Ran into a couple of small bugs, mostly around world events not successfully completing, but not too bad.

Only complaint, I wish I could play without random players running around in the overworld. In a lot of ways it just pulled me out of the immersive experience and I worry about how crowded things could get at launch.

I donā€™t think youā€™ll see many more players, its like Destiny where only so many players are instanced into a game session

That would be nice. I mostly plan to play with 2 or 3 friends after launch and would really like to avoid too many random encounters while trying to explore or complete content.

Kinda hope Blizzard gives an option to play in a private instance for the entire game if you have a party.

Even though I choose the options to get the most tutorials, basic stuff isnā€™t explained to me.

I see that my barbarian has a hammer equipped but also a sword and two axes.

By default he uses the axes, how do I switch to the other weapons?

1 Like

I think it depends on what Skills youā€™re using. Some skills will only use certain weaponsā€¦

Iā€™m not playing this beta but is there other players running around? Can you turn that off?

Yes itā€™s always online. There are people running around. You see more in town and a lot less (maybe 1 or 2) outside of towns. I think itā€™s instanced to like 15-20 at most so you donā€™t see hundreds of people about. The world raid bosses are max 12 players I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure this is going to be my kind of game. Certainly not something Iā€™d buy. If it gets added to Game Pass Iā€™d play it with friends but thatā€™s about it.

For me itā€™s just too repetitive. And I realize many games could be called repetitive but ā€œboredomā€ for me here just starts way sooner than with other games. Now my character is a barbarian, combat getting repetitive kinda makes sense I guess. Iā€™ll make sure to try out the other classes too.

Which one offers the most variety?

Man blizzard makes great games, Iā€™m loving this so far!

4 Likes

I think the tutorials and information on how the classes function are lacking and Iā€™ve played all the Diablos.

Had the same thought originally about barbarian. The barbarian uses an full arsenal system. This means you have a heavy bludgeon weapon, a heavy slicing weapon and two 1hand weapons equipped. All the secondary and legendary stats apply from these weapons. Which is used when using a skill can be set but it is default set to pick and use the best one. No manual switching of weapons is needed.

1 Like

Game is pretty bland, itā€™s like diablo 3 with all the fun sucked out of it.

At the end of the day Iā€™ll play it free on GamePass anyways, but I hope the end game is as fast paced as diablo 3

Aight, I didnā€™t realize that meant some MMO-lite thing for campaign too. Iā€™ll wait for Game Pass for sure then. Running into xXrand0mslAyerTREXx kinda kills the immersion for me.

Yeah, thatā€™s how Iā€™m experiencing it too. I got to play with a buddy too but even then itā€™s just not really wowing me at all. Combat becomes repetitive rather quickly for me. But tomorrow I will make sure to check out a completely different class, barbarian feels a bit boring to be honest.

Iā€™m someone who played diablo 3 for like a thousand hours as well.

Oh, ok, thatā€™s a world of difference for me because I barely played any, haha. So in what ways is this different and less fun than 3? What is changed/removed that makes it less fun for you?

1 Like

Iā€™ve played all the classes to some extent now. At these low levels in the beta barbarian and druid have by far been the slowest and dullest (Iā€™m sure theyā€™re all more balanced at max level).

Would recommend necro. Or ranged rogue to try next

1 Like

I enjoyed the simplicity instead of this path of exile rip off skill tree, the gameplay in this feels so slow

1 Like

I kinda like seeing people in the open world. Makes the game feel a little more alive

The only issue Iā€™m having is when I first enter a town, I start teleporting all over the place due to lag.

1 Like