DF Direct: Halo Infinite Delay Reaction - Xbox 'Series S' Confirmed?

The last of us 2, every GTA, Red Dead, it doesn’t really say anything

The biggest games to seam to get delayed very often. Cyberpunk was originally supposed to come out last year(or earlier). It was announced in 2012 wasn’t it? Been delayed 3-4 times now. Star citizen … don’t even need to say more about that one. Last of us 2, red dead.

5 years sounds like a long time. But it really isn’t anymore for the biggest games. Halo infinite is probably going to be one of the biggest if not THE biggest most content heavy FPS’s ever released, not counting mmo’s.

2 Likes

Hudson sums it up for me. It’s more about reducing the workload for 343 Industries by half which is exactly what happens if 343 drops the Xbox One versions.

Another reason is if 343 wants to have Halo Infinite be a 10 year game, they would have to cut off the Xbox One at some point anyway. Imagine having expansions and content that are still running on a 17 year old console. LMAO.

Just no. Drop Xbox One. Make it easier and move on.

See “best interest” is a subjective term. Everything that they talk about is for the graphical fidelity of the game in Series X. Nothing there was about performance. Nothing there was about “fun”. Nothing there was about how many people would be playing the game so it can be successful so that continued development can be secured and invested in. Everything was about graphics so that you can you show off how much the Series X can do.

The fact of the matter is, unless you recreate the entire game with only Series X in mind, and having time with the box for a couple more years, you won’t get a good grip on what the Series X can do. This isn’t me guessing, this is a literal fact. Mindsets have to change in order to design things differently.

Yea, all those versions need a level a polish, that’s true…but as I stated earlier, if you drop the Xbox One, you are also dropping xcloud. You know, the thing that MS is really pushing to get into new territories and options for users in traditional markets. There’s a business side to this that is lost when you say “let’s drop Xbox One”. The game isn’t coming in 2022, it’s next year. That’s more than likely, 6-10 more months at least in which 343 and all of the other studios working on the title to fix their issues and get it where it needs to go.

The game is already made, the content is pretty much there at this point. They get a lot more time to get things up to par and release where they stated they were going to release it. As much as you can say “2 out of 3 digital foundry workers said it would be in the Series X best interest”…that’s not Microsoft’s best interest and Microsoft is not only about the Series X, while it is a very important device for them, they have more than just that. All of this DF stuff is because they are enthusiasts who want to see high quality graphics running performant, that’s what they are about. Nothing against them but they aren’t developers nor businessmen for a huge product such as halo. It is opinion of enthusiasts and should be taken as such and I respect them for what they bring to the industry, but in case, dropping Xbox One is not the best interest of the game, but for what they want out of the game.

2 Likes

Xcloud is the Xbox one version for all games? The upcoming game the medium doesn’t have an Xbox one version. It’s coming to gamepass which means xcloud too now right?

The medium won’t be streamable until they have series X blades… Which won’t be until sometime in 2021. Not all games coming to gamepass will be coming to xCloud. Not at this point in time.

[quote=“Mostlyharmless, post:85, topic:2272”]

Xcloud is the Xbox one version for all games? The upcoming game the medium doesn’t have an Xbox one version. It’s coming to gamepass which means xcloud too now right?

[/quote]not every game pass game will be streamed when it launches.

To be fair, I can see them dropping the current gen versions in due time, especially when current gen hardware puts limitations on what they want to do with the game. Same thing happened with Destiny and there was no backlash because the next gen was already the standard at that point. I can see the same thing happening here.

This is one aspect I didn’t consider. I just hope their work environment is healthy enough and not too taxing on the team.

I agree. I hope for the best of the team and the product that they produce. I’m not surprised people haven’t thought about the xCloud aspect of everything. That’s why you got me ;). There are too many business reasons why you don’t drop XBO, and xCloud is one of them.

1 Like