Devil May Cry 5: SE Ray Tracing Nextgen Console Upgrades

Something seems to have happened because DMC5 SE was rumored to be with Ms for a while, but they have been focusing for parity for a while on either the base or enhanced consoles and regardless who they have marketing agreements.

So basis on their history alone I don’t think Sony would need to do anything for them to focus on parity.

It is really strange frankly to be honest. Yes usually it was marketed by MS. Maybe Sony brought some money just for that…Who knows

Also keep in mind that this is an launch game, for a dev that never have done RT before. All RTX enabled games improved performance a lot after launch, so they reaching:

• apparently uncompromised raytracing effects
  • at native 4k

Right of the bat on consoles is super impressive even with all the asterisks. If consoles already had ML based reconstruction for 1080p to 4k it wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for even those with 2080 and 2080ti that needs to go for 1080p + dlss to get consistent 60fps.

And I think it will improve over time when they see how they can optimize without reducing much the RT quality.

1 Like

I guess with time we’ll see but I keep a suspicious eye on Sony shady practices. I wouldn’t be surprised especially with the recent events.

I believe they are using software RT like the one used in Crysis remastered on consoles.

If it were hardware RT - PC should have got the update as well.

Crysis remastered is using software RT on PC as well, right? It’s a Cryengine feature they debuted last year or something with that drone demo, so it’s used across the board.

If DMC is using software RT as well at the engine level, I don’t know what roadblock PC had to get it on here as well?

That’s means Capcom using the PS5 version for Series X. This game was marketed with Xbox and Microsoft give them the stage at E3, they should optimize the game for XSX.

I should have added that i was just speculating. I really don’t have exact info or something.

Apologies for misleading.

1 Like

haha no issues, i dont know jack shit either, in fact that’s kinda the problem the past few days lmao

Ya! So far I have came across three types of RT implementations.

1. pure shader based i.e, software RT
  2. FP16 accelerated RT - AMD Radeon rays
  3. Accelerated RT via dedicated RT cores

Crysis is doing via option 1 XSX is confirmed to be using 3

Don’t know about Playstation 5 implementation.

1 Like

will this game be a free upgrade if you own DMC 5 or do I have to purchase this separately?

Capcom is doing bad here, Series X can handle at least dynamic 4K 60 fps with RT, how the fuck we need to go in 1080p for 60 fps ?

They don’t optimise for DX12U and I think that’s why PC players don’t have the special edition, it’s a shame, what a poorly optimised edition

The engine does not support dynamic res. I agree they should add, but given a locked resolution to ensure framerate is locked, 1080p makes sense even if disappointing.

I think crytek implementation does use any kind of acceleration where available, but fallback to software implementation when not.

1 Like

Strange isn’t it?

Yikes

1 Like

I guess we will have a lot of these “exclusive contents” this gen.

How can they get away with it everytime.

To be honest, Xbox is kinda doing something similar with Yakuza 7 next gen patch, if I’m not wrong, Playstation will get the next gen version a but later compared to Xbox.

But the problem in this case is PC players are getting shafted too, this special edition is not confirmed to come to pc AT ALL, which is striking to me, given PC is what has pioneered Ray tracing.

Yeah, you’re right. I don’t understand this yakuza 7 exclusivity.

Maybe Sega want to sell a separate PS5 version ? It would be shitty if so.

For PC players, I think it is a case of : I can’t sell you a patch, so you are getting nothing. Buy a console, pls.

1 Like

no wonder why it’s 4K/30fps or 1080p/60fps on Xbox, they are using the PS5 version for XSX.

1 Like