Destiny 2 |OT| The PANTHEON has arrived ! Boss gauntlet!

2 Likes

It’d be entertaining, but the grind to have a build capable is too much for me my friend.

1 Like

Not true Jon, if you log in you can literally redeem a full set of max level armour, weapons and some exotics.

You just open the gift of the thunder lords chest in the new area

There’s no better time to try destiny now with the power level boost, the huge free update that just dropped and all the content you can catch up on (no pressure though) because level will not stop you.

The current free update @Sikamikanico allows you to easily get the best guns in the game. The update brings back 12 of the best guns in destiny’s history, but they are upgraded even more with better perks.

Final Shape is upon us, it’s worth trying the game again because the greatest expansion of all time launches.

The purpose of this update is to allow new players to catch up and have guns and gear as good as veterans.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/twid-04-18-2024

It’s been confirmed in today’s TWAB that the weapon focusing/new social space is limited time along with the raid boss Pantheon!.

The wave based mode will stay forever, but the reward track on Shaxx disappears !

Two new guns are out !

New leak!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Destiny2Leaks/s/caNT7eGwJE

Destiny is such a great game ! I’d say the greatest of all time for sure.

I can see this happening… A huge update, drop last gen and rename the game to destiny

The lack of destiny discussion on this site is appauling… The literal evolution of halo gameplay and Xbox fans dont even care.

Sorry but you can’t force people to like a game, it seems most don’t have the same enthusiasm for the game as you do (myself included).

3 Likes

Destiny is the literal evolution of halo, made by the devs behind halo.

Wish I was on this forum when d2 was added to GamePass, would be nice to see all the praise PRIOR to the Sony acquisition

The good thing about a forum is you can go back. Here is thread talking about who will acquire them (before PS): https://forum.xboxera.com/t/remember-those-bungie-acquisition-rumours-we-think-theyre-real-xboxera/

Still plenty of negativity towards them in this thread and this was 4 years ago when Destiny was in much better shape.

I’m not a huge Halo fan but I do really enjoy playing the campaigns, however I could not get into Destiny 1 or 2 at all so if that’s the evolution I personally don’t want it.

I don’t think it helps that many of the key Bungie people have left anyway, for example: Harold Ryan, Joe Blackburn, Josh Hamrick, Jon Weisnewski, Jill Scharr, Jaime Griesemer, Niles Sankey, Bodie Lee and many more. They’ve also changed CEO like 3-4 times since then too!

We’re basically talking about a entirely different team…

I’m also extremely confident that many Bungie Devs will leave after PlayStation’s retention period is over.

3 Likes

Yep also I like that Halo only has cosmetics, but otherwise the weapons all remain the same - it’s what I loved about Halo 3, and love about Infinite, that if I do decide to play some multiplayer everyone’s got the same weapons and equipment (or the same chance to pick them up).

As someone who found it starting to get complicated when Halo Reach / ODST introduced jet packs and other abilities, the sheer amount of weapons and power combinations in Destiny is overwhelming - 1 wasn’t too bad for it but 2 with all the rolls etc. sounds like it’s got overly complex, and those who’ve bought the latest expansion or got XP boosts etc. probably have weapons with better rolls / abilities than mine, even if we’re matched up on power.

Whereas Infinite, while it’s got a few new things (like the grapple hook that is a great addition) it’s remarkable how close it feels to the near-perfect Halo 3 multiplayer, but brings it up to date…

1 Like

If you didn’t know, rolls don’t even matter unless you are a top 1% player, you can clear any content in the game with any rolls, and your class exotics, which are easily unlocked in 2024 destiny.

Don’t let fear of choice prevent you from trying the greatest game of all time.

I more meant multiplayer, I remember my mate helping me get a grenade launcher that wasn’t in the heavy class but the second one for some reason, and thinking “it’d never let me use this in multiplayer, surely that’d be unfair” but it did.

In terms of single player I just find it too grindy with way too much story to try and catch up on now…

I’ll probably give Destiny 3 a go for a bit though

The current game is already destiny 3. No better time then now.

It really isn’t as they’ve already sunset a load of content I paid for back when my friends were into it, and the story is almost nonsensical to an outsider now

1 Like

Think of the current game as destiny 3, your content you played was destiny 2. It’s irrelevant now.

And who cares about story ! We are here for gameplay… Are we not gamers ? Not movie story watchers

I’m more of a story player - I like strong narratives.

Outside of multiplayer, most shooter games don’t have enough gameplay to really keep me hooked without a story as I just find them repetitive and grindy

1 Like

Well that’s ok, destiny is not for everyone.

What are you playing instead ?