Depp Vs Heard, the worst Hollywood love story

It wasn’t that part that was the worst it was her trying to say pledge and donated are the same thing :joy: Vasquez would directly ask, Did you donate the full 7 million to the charities and she responded with Yes I have pledged all the 7m to the charities. Yet she said she donated the money on some Dutch TV show, go figure.

3 Likes

The latest of today

I obviously am not a lawyer but I have watched a lot of this case on youtube. From what I gathered, what he is accusing her of and needs to prove is not that he is 100% innocent, but that the statements she made are 1. false 2. made with the intent of harming him and 3. actually managed to harm him.

By statements I think they mean an article on some newspaper basically describing her as an abuse victim.

He has 3 claims and only needs to win one to “win” and his biggest chance is the digital article headline she quote tweeted which they will fight is her acknowledging the title and claiming it as her own doing, also that it does hint at him the op-Ed is about.

Well yeah that is what I mean with No.1 - Proving the statements are false is like proving innocence, compared to not being able to prove guilt is “not guilty” rather than “innocent”. Essentially if there is any chance there is truth to her statements she’ll get away.

Not a lawyer though so I will refrain saying this as an absolute, just going by what others are saying.

I dont think anyone is trying to imply he’s some kind of flawless angel

The court case has made it very clear the man has his own demons, drinking, drugs etc doesn’t mean he’s a woman beater or that he deserved to lose his career

2 Likes

Only been keeping with the trial superficially, but I think even if Heard technically win the trial, she has ultimately lost in my opinion, as her reputation is in taters.

That’s the thing with things going to court, all the information is divulged to the public.

Nobody is an angel, but he is known for kindness and charity. Also from what I’ve seen everyone that testified about him had nothing but praise for him and that even when drunk he would still be pleasant to be around with. That can’t be said about many other people, and sadly I’ve seen a few in my lifetime, lol.

Also important is that all of his exes have pretty much said they don’t recognise JD at all in what AH is describing and that he has never been handsy with any of them. What I’ve noticed in the videos I’ve seen of the trial is that JD really appears to have been dealt some shit whenever he had to tell what happened, his emotions don’t appear fake at all. Whereas AH when she starts to talk about painful things she puts on this emotional but so clearly fake act, it’s honestly super annoying to watch too.

I’ve also watched several videos of Behavioural Arts and the stuff the guy finds are extremely interesting. At one point AH is describing some bad stuff and usually real victims have a certain body stance, she got one bit right and the other didn’t add up at all. I highly recommend the channel if you’re interested in this.

1 Like

I don’t think Amber is innocent at all but the truth for me is probably somewhere in the middle like most things are. I think Depp has done his job on clearing his name in the public eye but I’m just glad this will all be over soon. I can’t escape this on my youtube algorithms lol.

Yeah it’s truly everywhere. Do we know when the final verdict comes in?

May 27th is when all of this stuff in court will end, as for the final verdict ? Nobody really knows.

1 Like

The thing is Amber doesn’t seem to be able to keep her story straight, as well as re-tweeting the op-ed she has now said she wrote it:

First 13 seconds here:

2 Likes

I hate everything about this story and how we’re consuming it. It seems like both are alcoholics and allegedly abusive. Depp’s status makes me question his power in that dynamic much more than Heard, but they’re both a mess and it’s pretty crappy that our society is following the situation like it’s a game of football.

4 Likes

Another highly interesting video by this guy

His finds are very interesting, to say the least. Especially so the part about the makeup/bruise kit. And yeah, more of that horrible acting by AH, I truly hope nobody falls for this, it’s so crystal clear. He also shows signs of how there’s just no doubt it’s an act she’s putting on.

I don’t think Depp is abusive, I think he’s the real victim. It’s always possible that in return he did hit her back. But with her constantly lying, now also about these bruises which could really have all been fabricated she’s making it all so easy, and in turn harder on herself, much harder.

The more I do research on it, the more I become convinced she’s the real sick one. And I think I believe when JD said the only one he’s abused is himself. Of course we can never know 100% for sure, but going by testimonies, recordings it’s becoming quite clear to me.

I also don’t think his status has anything to do with this. Certainly not for the media, they been out for his blood since day one.

Yet we have the media like The Guardian calling AH a imperfect victim and that MeToo is over if we don’t listen to her. Man gtfoh.

Media has been pathetic for a long time now anyway.

3 Likes

Amber lied.

A actual good piece by the media? This is rare.

1 Like

Could not agree more; there is the obsession with zero-sum games and making everything out to be a competition, when in reality both are problematic (Depp’s relationship and defense of Marilyn Manson - a self-admitted rapist and abuser - is one such element). That’s all I’ll say because again, this shouldn’t be about taking sides and the way Youtubers and the like are presenting it as such (a lot of which comes from some pretty misogynist presenters) is just gross.

5 Likes

Agree across the board.

I hope more people watch Our Flag Means Death. I’m not sure where it’ll go in future seasons but so far it’s exploring a lot of interesting concepts around insecurity, depression, and power dynamics. It’s doing a fascinating job of painting characters as likable but perhaps not consequence free.

Ultimately, I wish more people embraced the nuance of situations like this when considering them. A person doesn’t have to be “bad” to do bad things. However, just because you aren’t a sociopath doesn’t mean you shouldn’t face consequences for your actions. Celebrities or not, these are human beings. They’re fragile and imperfect. We should acknowledge that.

If you’re going to be following such a personal story then please consider embracing more empathy, nuance, and self-reflection.

2 Likes