Deathloop has appeared on the Xbox store

That’s an insane deal to sign knowingly lol. Was Bethesda that down bad ? Sheesh.

The same insiders that said it’s coming said it’s coming to Game Pass. Relax lol

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s that bad, if they are going to accept it being put in one subscription service why not put in Sony’s as well?

1 Like

Could you imagine Bethesda being the Square of the West?

1 Like

It’s not like they knew they were going to be acquired when they signed the deal. Why turn down free marketing and money from Sony?

I’m sure in retrospect they regret it but they can’t change the past.

Thank god they aren’t.

I sometimes think about what if these sneaky mofos had managed to get Starfield timed exclusive? Thank Godd it didn’t happen, but I can imagine MS had made an exception to honor deals, since this game is on another level popularity wise compared to Deathloop and GT.

Or maybe they wouldn’t have done shit, to our immense frustration, lmao.

1 Like

For sure, I’m more so referring to the subscription deal being written into the contract even a year after release.

Pretty good deal for PS. Atleast it isn’t bad as the Resident Evil one lol.

Obviously we’ll never know, but I have a hard time believing that Bethesda would actually go ahead with a timed exclusivity deal for Starfield. Deathloop and Ghostwire are one thing, but BGS games are so tied to Xbox and I would be willing to bet that Xbox would outbid Sony.

Thankfully we’ll never have to find out.

1 Like

I’m surprised Sony had the foresight to write that into the contract. Game Pass was nowhere near what it is now when they signed the deal.

2 Likes

If it’s not on Game Pass, which it may not be, I’m sure that the meltdowns and “second class citizen” type comments will return and probably from a host of folks.

Only reason it wouldn’t be on Gamepass is if there is some part of the current contract with Sony that prevents that. Contracts gonna contract.

1 Like

And of course it will only be on Game Pass permanently, unlike PS+.

1 Like

Would be scandalous if not. But since MS own the game they can just discount the game heavily.

Yeah this. Nothing is stopping Microsoft from discounting the game for Gamepass member.

Hope this comes to Game Pass as well. Nice to know the exclusivity is finally ending.

I will say that Ghostwire was an even more pointless money hat. That game didn’t do well at all so seemed like a huge waste.

Was hoping we’d get the official news today, but I guess we’ll wait some more.

I wonder what the deal with timing on these things is. We all know the deal was till the 14th but there’s no indication of a set time - I wonder if there’s just a legal standard “end of day” or something.

prob gonna get an announcement during the 50 min TGS stream

How many hours from now is TGS?

1 Like