Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass on August 23

Kojima is about to gain nuclear heat if true.

Donā€™t sleep on this game, itā€™s incrediblely unique with an engrossing story from start to end with very unique gameplay mechanics and asynchronous multiplayer components.

Why Kojima? and not Sony?

Sony owns the DS IP not Kojima.

Yes please!!

XGP PC version will do. I never even expected the game to get something Xbox/Microsoft-related aside from the PC version published by 505. Iā€™ll play it for sure this year :blush:

If this is true. I wonder what this could mean for Sekiroā€¦

1 Like

Death Stranding only recently got added to PlayStation Plus Now Essential . So Xbox Gamepass PC almost beat PlayStation to the punchā€¦ Imagine a world where Death Stranding was on Gamepass before PlayStations own subscription service.

I believe they mentioned in the past that they were looking to make PC only titles also available on xcloud at some point, so I do think a hybrid system of PCs and Series X blades could be in the cards later on.

As for Death Stranding, Iā€™ve been wanting to play it for quite some time and have a more than capable PC and uktrawide display. Bring it on!!!

All hell would break of this turn out to be true and having achievements

Well, those two pictures seem to match. Why the heck would game pass use that picture if itā€™s not coming to game pass?

Wouldnā€™t that be the first PS game that comes to PC game pass? Might as well just bring it to Xbox game pass too then.

I hate to say it, but people donā€™t often think before expressing their reaction.

Thereā€™s no way this will happen. If it does, what a monumental oversight/fuckup on Sonyā€™s part.

But but but Phil and Sarah are too soft

1 Like

What about MLB the show

3 Likes

The MLB has a lot of sway over their deal with Sony. I bet that if Sony had kicked up a fuss, MLB would have threatened to revoke their license to develop MLB games. It was probably in the deal which allowed MLB to come to Xbox and Switch. MLB is technically the publisher of the Xbox version.

I would assume that Sony has more sway over their deal with Kojima, although it is possible that because the deal was signed before Game Pass existed, it didnā€™t cover putting the game on competing services and thatā€™s why Kojima/505 are able to do it. Weā€™ll see.

I think that MLB was able to make Sony agree to make multiplatform games, but GP deal was negotiated separately. I think on some podcast or somewhere, somebody mentioned that Sony was pretty pissed. There was even an article where Sony stated that GP deal was MLBā€™s decision.

No way would the Game Pass PC account (emphasis on just the PC account and not the general one) change their background to a pixel-perfect Death Stranding screenshot (and make a seperate post about it!) only for it to end up nothing.

It wonā€™t come to console and it would remain just on the PC-side of XGP. Getting a console port is out of MSā€™ reach.

4 Likes

Microsoft shakes COD

6 Likes

And now it rains.

FaYZml2WQAAD1Qk

9 Likes

If it happens it will because Sony have no say, depending on the publishing deal they had with 505 they might not be able to stop them from something like this, just like they canā€™t stop MLB making deals with xbox

But thereā€™s no chance going forward Sony wont be the ones publishing all of their titles on PC, the deal with 505 only happened because Sony werenā€™t taking PC seriously then and Kojima was able to negotiate someone else doing the pc publishing

1 Like