Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass on August 23

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/08/19/death-stranding-is-coming-to-pc-game-pass-on-august-23/

After hinting at this for days, Xbox has officially announced that Death Stranding will be coming to PC Game Pass on August 23. On Xbox Wire, Director of Global Community at 505 Games Antonela Pounder says “Welcome, Porters! Today, we at Kojima Productions and 505 Games are incredibly excited to announce that Death Stranding is launching August 23 with PC Game Pass.”

They go on to describe what to expect in this version of the game, saying “Windows 10/11 PC gamers can expect such features as ultrawide mode, photo mode, high frame rate, and cross-over content from some very well-known franchises.”

Death Stranding is certainly one of the most unique games to release in recent memory.Those who play it for the first time on August 23rd will certainly experience a game not quite like anything else on the market. It is also worth noting that this is the second Playstation game in the last few years to come to the Xbox platform. It is truly interesting times as barriers continue to fall from previously enclosed platforms.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I believe it when I see it. It be a big overlook by Sony if they did not have in there contract with 505 Games to keep it off gamepass period. But if it does, I give it a try

This is… quite surprising if true.

Is Microsoft Gaming the new old Xbox? Is war back on the menu?

Hilarious meltdowns incoming.

Wonder if this lines up with the rumor Kojima bought back the IP and Death Stranding 2 is for Xbox

Kadokawa and From Software when they remember the contract they did with Activision for Sekiro.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/xbox/status/1554950292894093313

16 Likes

Why would they care that much thought?

Incoming “Kojima betrayed us…AGAIN” rants

1 Like

:phil_lmao:

It probably wouldn’t be worth the money but Xbox acquiring Kojima’s studio might be worth it only for the discussions online.

8 Likes

Visionary Director Hideo Fraudjima!

The meltdowns would be more entertaining than the resulting games.

2 Likes

It came out when PC Game Pass wasn’t “serious”. It was basically the first Sony PS4 exclusive on PC which is probably why 505 handled it in the first place, so maybe not?

1 Like

Yea at the time the only reason it was on PC was because it was almost certainly a Kojima request/demand for exclusivity, there’s a reason it was published on pc by 505 and not Sony, this deal was signed back in 2015/16, long before Sony had any intention of moving into PC

Sony will never do that again

4 Likes

Well, MS did say there would be more surprises this week I think.

1 Like

If they make PC-based xCloud servers they can have it be playable on Xbox…

3 Likes

Microsoft deliberately went with Xbox based blades, I don’t see them supporting PC (unless some emulator).

No need for an emulator when the hardware can run native Windows OS.