DayOne - Feedback Thread

Really digging this so far, sadly I haven’t been able to do a lot of testing yet, but I plan on messing with it more as I get time.

I went through today and added some games, need to add more, but it seemed pretty easy and user friendly.

The only thing I noticed is on my library when selecting how many to show there’s “10” “25” “all” and when selecting all it goes to card games. Don’t know if others have reported that or if that is known.

I’ll mess with it more soon, but I’m digging it a lot!

I have noticed an accessability issue which is the site/font doesnt scale to a users settings. IE if you go into chrome and adjust the font scalling nothing happens. This is particularly bad for the filter where the font size is already small.

I have also noticed that your containers arent the same size so some content starts before others see my long screenshot below. This is ofc minor but it was noticable to me for the footer atleast (ive used a window as a ruler :smiley:)

The image for NBA 2k22 xbox series x/s is loading for me

Looking in the network tab I cant see a request for the image anywhere:

Bug report:

On mobile (Android 12, Pixel 4a) when I’m on the My Library screen and want to change how many rows to show, the menu overlaps the list of categories, and then tapping on the bottom part of the menu is not possible. Instead it interprets the tap as being for the game category that is being overlapped.

That sounds real confusing, so below is a screenshot. If I try to tap on “All” from that menu, it instead takes me to the “Action & adventure” category.

Some additional comments:

• I reloaded the page and the behaviour still occurred.
  • Tapping on 25 works.
  • I also tried with some other overlapping menus (filters, hamburger menu in top-right) and they work fine.
  • I re-loaded the page in desktop mode (while still using my mobile) and then tapping the menu worked fine.
  • I have not yet tried it on an actual desktop OS (I have now, see edit below)

edit

I have now tested it on desktop, and have uncovered what I think is the root cause. It appears the clickable area in the menu doesn’t cover all of the menu. So if you miss the word “All” and click just below it but still on the menu itself, the click is interpreted as being for whatever is beneath the menu.

At least this is the behaviour on Edge and Chrome on Windows 10.

Knowing that this is how it behaves on desktop, I went back to mobile and pinch-zoomed and tried to tap right on the word “All” but no matter what I tried it still interpreted it as a tap for the “Action & adventure” category.

1 Like

It’s working great for me, the initiative of the XboxEra staff is super impressive. Going to use this is an easy, quick way to see what’s coming soon when I miss the announcements. Would use it a lot if there was more community implementation like seeing who in the community is playing a certain game.

1 Like

Not sure why Bethesda has it’s own category? Seems kinda odd.

Also is there some way to sort games that I just don’t see? Like alphabetical etc.

More updates are coming! I’ll shout when additional stuff has been implemented. <3

3 Likes

Suggestion:

A link to the game’s profile on Xbox.com would be great. Primarily to make it easier to request a remote install onto my Xbox, or to launch a cloud gaming session. Or, I suppose, to buy it.

I mean, first prize would be to have those buttons available right here on Day One, just like they are available in the game’s profile on Xbox.com, but I imagine that’s either impossible or much harder to implement than a link.

Either way, one of the primary reason I use a Game Pass library browser like Day One is to find something new to play. And by removing a few of the steps users need to take when they’ve found a game they like, I think you’d help make a case for why they should use this site instead of Xbox.com or some other GP library browser.

1 Like

Oh hey, UPDATES!

• Updated footer
  • Added “Browse” title above categories
  • Added touch collection
  • Added cloud collection
  • Renamed platforms Windows.Desktop to “PC” and Windows.Xbox to “Console”
  • Merged attribute duplicates
  • Show pin instead of chevron on filters list
  • Renamed Favorite to Wishlist and changed heart icon to checkbox icon

More updates are coming very soon, including:

• Mark and greyscale games that are not on platform any more
  • Sliders for HL2B, Metacritic, date ranges
  • User ratings (out of 10)
  • updates to game detail pages (see below mock up)

6 Likes

Moving this thread into the public domain.

I think it would be better for the tags on the homepage banner caroseul to have a hover state or be filled in completely by default. This is because with some background images it can be hard to actually read them (see screenshot)

Adding a hover state that fills in the tags may make the user think the tag itself is clickable so you will want to think about that! :smiley:

Also as a general point the hover states on links is inconsisent. Some have an affect when you hover over them and some dont

When unselecting the pin on the filter section I dont think it should then close the filter menu (for desktop atleast)

2 Likes

Ok, so I’ve logged into the day one site but it doesn’t show anything in My Library (0 games), even though on my profile here on the forums my account includes my gamertag. Is there a step I’m missing or does this only work for games going forward?

To echo @Astrakan’s feedback on the PC/console versions. Ading distinction would be one of my suggestions too. When you search for a game you can’t see if it’s the PC or console version of a game.

1 Like

Not really a dayone feedback but I think its related! The header on the main site is now misaligned

We’ve not built a link to your gamertag…yet. It’s on the agenda, but a ways off for now. You’ll have to build your library manually.

2 Likes

We are aware. Top men (@Predrag) are on it.

2 Likes

Regarding profiles:

• Would it be able to share your profiles with other people? People like to brag about the games they’ve played :stuck_out_tongue:
  • In that same thought process; maybe the open space in your profile could be used for something fancy. So you can easily share a screenshot or a link of how many games you’ve been playing.

The possibilites are endless! Good luck with prioritizing :wink:

1 Like

Another one:

• Make the HowLongToBeat and MetaCritic numbers link to their respective webpage.

Thought I’d ask it here too.

I’m definitely interested in using this, but it’s not clear to me how to use it. It’s an app but I can’t seem to find the download link for it?

Is there a way to get the titles together? Like some of the same titles are together, but others are spread around in the filter?

I guess this is a better place to put this.