Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

On what station is this?

Iā€™m only a dozen hours in but I can already tell that it will be a top 15 all-time game for me at least, may even make it to the top 10.

5 Likes

If anyone here has crackling audio too with headphones, turn the controller off, on again and it should be gone. Got the tip from Reddit and Iā€™m so happy it works.

Combat is terrible, in my opinion. Slide never seems to work first time and combat is just so basic.

Iā€™ve also played the game for over 15hrs and I still donā€™t know how hacking is supposed to work, so I just ignore it completely.

The world though is great and nice to explore.

Stop resisting

4 Likes

Came back to this after I put it on the backburner. Had played roughly 10 hours or so prior to 1.5.

Let me just say, trying to get back into the swing of things after not touching it for 6 months was really difficult. I legit almost stopped playing my first couple of hours back because I found the controls to be really awful and I was so lost on the story as well as the wealth of side-quests, gigs, bounties, etc. that seemed to overload my journal.

However, Iā€™ve stuck with it and even if I find the gunplay and moment-to-moment combat to be relatively weak, Iā€™m actually pretty attached to the story and its characters. I finished up a bit of Panamā€™s storyline last night and I absolutely loved it. Kudos to CDPR, theyā€™ve crafted characters with likeable and distinct personalities. I literally find myself playing the game just for the story, which I havenā€™t done with any other game in a long ass time.

Iā€™ve also found that the missions or side-quests are pretty diegetic; that is, I can just turn off quest tracking and wander the world and the game will hint at missions if Iā€™m in and around a certain area. It makes exploration feel less like a checklist and more natural.

But the game still has so many underlying issues and quirks that I can understand the hesitance to come back. RT mode on Series X feels sluggish as hell, while performance mode feels pretty good for the most part. I know some people like that the ray-tracing adds more ā€œlifeā€ to the scene, but I cannot stomach the drop from 60 to 30fps (I think DF mentioned that 30fps feels worse mainly because of input lag).

Anyway, with Elden Ring out on Friday, it is likely that Iā€™ll be retiring 2077 for the foreseeable future. But I will say that CDPR seems to be on the right track to getting this game into shape. But it still feels like years of wasted effort. I really do think this is the type of game they should have waited until next-gen to create. There are so many details in the world that were seemingly hampered by having to develop on old tech. But it is evident that CDPR intended to push the envelope, they just overshot and underdelivered.

2 Likes

If youā€™re having problems with controls, these are fantastic.

And I personally put Zoom Sensitivity Reduction to 1.50 because 0.90 wasnā€™t it for me with ADS during combat.

2 Likes

Yeah youā€™re not kidding, Resist and Disorder is awesome and normally this isnā€™t my kind of music at all. But that combination of synthwave (I assume it is) with metal and singing is awesome. Iā€™ve checked Spotify and can find many similar songs but not many where we also hear lyrics, I definitely am looking for more of that.

Oh and the main theme, fuck it slaps hard af!

1 Like

Loving the game still. There is one big problem I have with it though:

Johnny Silverhand. I heard he was a late inclusion due to Keanu Reeves joining the cast. I wish they had never bothered. His character is a complete waste of space, and I would give the world for another mission with Jackie instead of this douche nozzle

As far as the character of Silverhand goes, I agree. Game would have been better without him

Wouldnā€™t blame Reeves for that, though. He could have been a late addition, but I doubt the Silverhand character was. We probably would have had some other voice actor playing that same role

And no Iā€™m not shading out spoilers for a two and a half year old game

The game may be two and a half years old, but a shitton of people waited for it to get fixed.

2 Likes

Itā€™s barely over a year since it came out though.

1 Like

Pretty lame to not spoiler tag a game that isnā€™t coming out for 55 more years, Pod :angry:

Seriously though, Iā€™m having a good time with the game though there are still a fair few bugs. Thankfully Iā€™ve managed to maneuver around them but I could see it being a frustrating experience if I had gone all in when it launched.

1 Like

One year you mean? A game where several people waited to get fixed? Using a spoiler tag is easy. Fully spoiling someone is just rude.

3 Likes

What, you guys are still in 2022?

Thatā€™s gonked. I braindanced myself out of that craphole of a year a while ago. Wait until you guys see what happensā€¦And I WILL blur the spoilers this time

Bitcoin drops down to 40 cents US, there is a new variant of covid that also gives you non-stop hicups, Putin forgets where he is and invades Moscow and Trump praises it as a brilliant move by Vlad. And oh yeah, Sony buys Valve and makes the Steamdeck only run Playstation exclusivesā€¦that you have to rebuy at $90 each. Which is $750 Australian

A year and 2 monthsšŸ™‚

1 Like

Please donā€™t post open spoilers. :sob:

1 Like

It feels so lame when you go to a Ripperdoc and there isnā€™t even a cutscene for your operations. Youā€™re only ripping open my hamstrings and replacing the joints in my knees with springs my guy, no big deal.

3 Likes

Agreed, the first scene with the Kiroshi eye implants was cool and I was hoping for more stuff like that.

I hit the level cap in act 2, kind of sad that my V wonā€™t improve much from here on out aside from stuff like cold blood and junk. Also kind of sad that I missed out on a cool item from a side gig and itā€™s way too late reload a save (Johnnyā€™s pants from the Psychofan quest). Trying to worm my way back into that area but I donā€™t have high hopes :frowning_face:

1 Like

You really want to see that shit?