Crisis Core: FF7 Reunion Announced (coming this Winter to Xbox)

This. If Game Pass was on PlayStation 5 and I can download Microsoft’s first party games, all Microsoft’s eco-system would get from me is a $10 monthly rental for each game I want to play in the generation. I would spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars in the PlayStation eco-system because without exclusives, there would be no reason for me to give Microsoft any extra money.

This is exactly how I look at it. If your exclusives are available on your competitor’s platform while their exclusives are not on yours, why would anyone jump into the Xbox eco-system? If I had Microsoft’s exclusives on PlayStation 5 via Game Pass and can download them while im still getting Sony’s exclusives as well as other full/timed exclusives, I would trade in the Series X and Xbox would be done for me because I would no longer need a second console and eco-system to invest into when im getting everything I want on the other console and eco-system.

True. I don’t understand why some people think that having a platform with “less” games will somehow make it more attractive because Game Pass exists :man_shrugging:

Because having games available via Game Pass is more important to some people total number of games available. Don’t see how paying $70 on one console is less desirable?

The next battle is services, having games exclusive to your service is important.

1 Like

Agreed. First, most people would be overwhelmed with Game Pass due to it having hundreds of games so that’s a turn off because most people will never touch 95% of those games due to not having the time or it simply becomes just too much. Second, those who are PlayStation only owners are not buying a $300 or $500 console just for Game Pass. Instead, they would just buy the few games they want on PlayStation and call it a day. Third, if you’re getting everything on one console/eco-system, why would anyone want to jump into the console/eco-system that doesn’t have everything?

As @anon98342452 pointed out, this thread is about Crisis Core being remastered and released on Xbox. Take the exclusivity/ecosystem complaints elsewhere.

1 Like

I’m serious. It’s potentially an interesting conversation.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/x7K6CXDGBtI

After watching that and seeing the graphic glow up, it’s clear that it’s more than a standard remaster. I think there’s more to this game then just to catch people up on the story.

2 Likes

FFVII Remake itself isn’t a standard retelling of the original story, from what I’ve heard. Makes sense that that same concept would apply to this game.

You will see one of the worst characters in gaming. Nomura was probably star struck by a japanese artist he wrote him a role for this game. GACKT !!! The potential for memes are endless.

And for the game ?

• Story sucks
  • Gameplay is okay
  • Sephiroth shows human side, Zack & Cloud interaction are good
  • Aeris writing sucks
  • The new important characters are just bad
  • GACKT is the worst character
  • There is a reason why Sony didn’t moneyhat this game

Edit: Its not a bad game and FF7 fans will probably like it. Just don’t expect too much.

I’ve played it. I’m more referring to potential changes and upgrades they could make based on the new FF7R timeline.

Oh, well I’ve never played FF7R so I’m out. :disguised_face:

As a multi-decade fan of Gackt, you best be careful there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Asypr isn’t unknown, they’re well known in the Mac/PC community… for being consistently mediocre-to-terrible.

6 Likes

But where they are giving it the ff7 remake treatment there is a good chance they can update the writing and fix issues with characters.

Not saying it will happen but there is a chance lol

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems obvious to me that this is more of a remake than a remaster with a connection to the new Remake trilogy.

1 Like

Great post! I’ll sheepishly admit that I liked Crisis Core (still have my PSP copy), so I’m pretty excited for a potentially-better version that more people get a chance to play :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was the onoy game I ever finished on the PSP…granted it was my brothers PSP and I only remember him owning that and Daxter but nevertheless.

I think I just loved revisting that world in a different perspective. Always blown away by the CG cutscenes too

Which is one of the reasons I don’t expect much from that KOTOR remaster to be honest. Really surprised Sony paid for that.

2 Likes